Staying

"She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did."
~Markus Zusak

–•–•–•–

They were stunned. They didn't expect her to spill her entire story like that. They didn't exactly know how to respond.

Dick however, wasn't buying it. He was still highly suspicious of this girl. But she was crying a little. She had to be telling the truth, right?

She quickly wipes away her tears and turns away.

"Gar, why don't show Raven to the guest room?" Dick orders.

"What?"

"You don't think we're letting you go back out there do you?" Vic asks.

"Kinda..."

"Of course not! We are your friends now! Right?" Kori asks her roomates.

"Totally!" Garfield gives a thumbs up.

"Definitley." Vic answers. Dick just nods.

"I haven't had a friend in a while. Let alone four. Thank you." Garfield stands up and reaches out his hand to her. She takes it and he helps her off the couch. He throws her arm over his shoulder and she hops side by side with him to the guest room.

"It's right next to my room so I'm always right next door if you need anything." She nods.

She sits on the bed and holds her knee.

"How's your knee?"

"Could be better." He sighs.

"That's the closet, Kori will probably beg you to go shopping tomorrow. Just say yes, it's easier that way."

"Kori...is that her real name?" She asks.

"No. Her full name is Koriand'r. She's from some small country in Europe. I forget the name." He answers.

"She's quite the character. Is she always that happy?"

"Pretty much. You get used to it. It's always good to have someone to lighten up the mood around. Word of advice: don't make her angry."

"Word of advice: Don't make me angry." Raven replies with a smirk.

"Anyway, your bathroom's down the hall."

"My bathroom?"

"Well, the girl's bathroom. We kinda had to make a storage room another bathroom because of a small walk-in incident we had last year. I won't go into details. Let's just say what has been seen cannot be unseen."

"...got it..."

"Well it's late. Sounds like the others are turning in too. You got any pajamas or a T-shirt or something?" She shakes her head.

"Wanna borrow one of my old ones? You can qakeep it." She shrugs.

"Ok! Be right back!"