Bye

"You get used to someone—start to like them, even—and they leave. In the end, everyone leaves."
~Rachel Ward

–•–•–•–

"She...she..."

"Gar, we must tell Dick and Vic! Perhaps telling them this will make them apologize! Maybe that will be enough to change her mind!" Gar was silent. He was frozen with shock. So many things just got thrown at him at once. She kissed him and then she said she was going to forget him.

On her own terms.

He didn't know what to think about it.

"Gar?" He purses his lips as he turns around.

"Yeah. Let's go." The two run home holding the jackets closed as the wind whips through their hair and chills their skin.

Kori opens the door and they run up the stairs in a slight panic, although Gar is the only one that shows it.

As soon as she gets the keys out Vic opens the door.

"You guys alright? Where'd you get the jackets?" They push past him.

"Where's Dick?"

"I think he's on the terrace." The two storm to the back of the appartment and Vic follows cluelessly. "What's going on?"

"Dick!" Gar slams open the door. Dick appears to be brooding.

"Finally come home have we?"

"Enough dude! We have bigger problems right now!"

"What do you mean?" He stands up straight.

"We found Raven. Well, she found us. She said she talked with you." Kori says.

"She did." Vic replies. Dick doesn't seem to want to answer.

"Did she say anything to you about what she was doing?"

"Other than the fact that she turned the couch and the coffee table into thin air, no." Vic answers steadily.

"Because of all the bull you pulled she's going to make herself and everybody else forget everything." Dick's eyes grew wide.

"What?" Gar continues to explain.

"She feels bad for getting us into her problems that 'we can't fix'."

"By everybody what did she mean?" Dick asks clearly concerned.

"If I were to take a guess, I'd say anyone who ever knew who she was."

"What? When'd she say she was gonna do this exactly?" Vic asks equally concerned.

"Tomorrow." Dick and Vic's faces slowly turn from faces of concern to faces of regret. Dick now realized the error of his ways, and Vic realized the error of following Dick's ways.

They didn't want this to happen. They didn't want her to erase herself.

"Did she say or do anything else?" Dick asks.