Mall

"'The truth.' Dumbledore sighed. 'It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'"
~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

–•–•–•–

Raven ate breakfast in less than 5 minutes. She didn't gorge or anything. Gar was just gone for 5 minutes or so and when he left she had a full plate. When he came back the plate was empty and she was sitting straight up and innocently looked around wile everyone questioned, "What just happened?"

She also found out that Garfield was vegetarian. He had tofu eggs and bacon. She didn't seem to mind it though.

"Friends! Raven has agreed to go to the mall with me!" Kori brought all the attention to herself. Raven looked at Garfield and he winked. She looked back at him with a straight face, but was smiling on the inside.

She liked making people happy. It made her feel good...

...but she still liked beating the crap out of thugs a little more.

"Raven you agreed to that?" Vic asked. Shw nodded.

"If you haven't noticed, all I have is a black shirt, jeans, and boots." She replies.

"When we first met you were wearing something else." Gar says.

"They stole those."

"You said you had more clothes." Dick adds.

"I did." She answers firmly. Dick had this strange feeling overcome him. "No I didn't." She turns away.

"But...eh whatever." Gar brushes it off. "Kori says new clothes are always a good thing." he takes a fork full of Tofu eggs.

"That is right. And the senior citizens have given me a good amount of money."

"How much did they give you Kor?" Vic asks.

"Probably gave her a million dollars. You know how old people are." Gar remarks.

"Not quite. They gave me about $500."

"Woah. What'd you do for them?" Dick asks.

"Heehee! It was bingo day! I won $400 and they gave me $100 as a thank you for spending the day with them."

"Nice." Vic gives her a thumbs up.

Raven has been staring out the window this whole time. She zoned out into her own little world, hands folded neatly in her lap.

"Raven, shall we leave now?"

"Huh? Oh. Sure." Kori snaps her back into reality.

"You ok?" Gar asks putting down the fork.

"Yeah. Just daydreaming. Let's go." She pulls her hood up, recreating the unsettling shadow as Kori snatches up her purse from the couch and bounds out the door. "We will be back by four friends!" Raven stuffs her hands into her pockets the door shuts seemingly on its own.

I should be more careful.

–•–•–•–