End

"'No I don't.' Tears start to well in her eyes, but she knows that she shouldn't dare let them leave her eyes. ' I see myself as a ruthless, evil killer who doesn't mind cracking more than a few eggs to make an omelet.' 'Raven...' 'It's true. I just...can't let that part of myself go...'"
~Scruffy447, The Girl with the Indigo Hoodie

–•–•–•–

Raven fell onto the floor stone faced. The men released Gar as they rushed to Karah.

Terra stood idle in her hiding spot, not sure what to do at the moment.

Gar was even more confused than he was before, but he did know one thing, and that's what they were going to do next.

"Karah!" Jackson yelled. "Argh I'll kill you for this!!" He jumped up and bounded for Raven.

Gar knew it.

Terra ran up out of nowhere with a lead pipe, along with Gar and his fists, clobbered Jackson's face from both sides.

"Since when do you know how to fight hand-to-hand?" Terra asks.

"I always have." He replies. The other ones join in and attack them.

The two were clearly stronger than they looked and held them off pretty decently.

He punched left, hooked right, and did an uppercut with his left again. A classic combination. This wasn't his first time fighting like this and Raven could tell. He kicked another one's knee from the front then his other from the side inwards. Then he elbowed him in the head and that one went down. He looked almost like a professional.

Raven still couldn't move. She could easily help them, but she couldn't.

After all I did, and all they've seen they still protect me.

Deep in thought, she doesn't realize what's happening.

Gar and Terra are getting tired. Gar was trowing punches like he never had and Terra's pipe was bound to give them lead poisoning of some degree with its jagged and serrated edges. But they weren't conditioned as Raven was.  She couldn't think of anything else to do.

Being on the offensive definitely was not the way to go right then.

"Forget it! Raven c'mon we have to go!" Gar figured they had gotten enough of them down. Terra retreated as well and helped Raven up. She held her arm, the one that somehow was still dislocated, close to her body with her other arm as they ran to the door.

They were almost in the clear.

Jackson somehow got back up and yanked her dislocated arm. She let out a small yelp but after that there wasn't any indication that there was any pain.

"Oh no you don't! You three are going to pay for this!!" Two other men grabbed Terra and Gar by the shoulders as Jackson severely twisted her arm.

"Stop!!" This wasn't a cry of pain. She knew what she was doing. Black and blue beams flew from the gem on her head and covered everything in the room.

All movement skidded to a halt except for Raven.

He wriggled out of Jackson's grip and looked around.