𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | BRAVE NEW WORLD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY HAD FALLEN ASLEEP MID-CONVERSATION WITH DAMON ABOUT KATHERINE. She had never expected the Salvatore to bare his soul in the way that he did. Maybe it was because he was drunk, or maybe it was because he was upset, but she enjoyed seeing that there was more to him than just the psychotic killer that promised her best friend an eternity of misery.

The strawberry-blonde's phone began to vibrate on her nightstand as she extended her phone to grab her. Once she saw it was Stefan calling, placed it against her ear. "You're lucky it's you. I don't usually answer calls this early."

A small chuckle escaped her best friend's lips. "Sorry, I was just checking you still wanted a ride into school with me?"

"Yeah, I know your angle. You just wanna experience more carpool-karaoke with me. Stefan, it's fine. You can admit it."

"That, and because there's something's I need to tell you." Stefan cleared his throat awkwardly as the witch remained silent. "Did you, uh— did Damon drop by your place last night?"

"For a while. Yeah." Riley trailed off. She knew just by the sound of his voice something was wrong. "He told me that Katherine sent him off the deep end and that he did something. He didn't tell me what. But, judging by the sound of your voice, you're about to tell me what he did."

"He killed Jeremy in retaliation to whatever the hell Katherine said to him," Stefan explained. "Thankfully, he was wearing the Gilbert ring."

"Oh, my God. When he said he did something bad. I never imagined it would be that."

"Yeah. Look, I'll come by and pick you up now." The Salvatore told his best friend before he ended the call.

Riley was distraught. All the time she spent talking to Damon about what he felt for Katherine, and all the while he laid there knowing he had potentially killed her best friend's little brother. She felt sick.

The witch rolled out of bed, grabbed an outfit for the day, and headed downstairs to grab some breakfast before Stefan picked her up. She stepped into the kitchen where her grandmother was sat at the kitchen table with a newspaper in hand. "Morning." The strawberry-blonde greeted as she grabbed a slice of freshly prepared toast that was cooling on a plate.

"Morning, sweetheart." Gwen finally lifted her eyes from her newspaper and lowered her glasses from her eyes as she turned to her granddaughter. "I might be completely imagining things, but did I hear you talking to someone last night? Only I heard voices."

"What? Uh— Yeah, I was on the phone for a while before I went to bed." The strawberry-blonde lied through her teeth with a smile. 

Gwen nodded slowly with a raised eyebrow. "A male, hm?"