𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | HOMECOMING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS NOT COMFORTING TO RILEY HAVING KLAUS' FATHER ASSISTING THEM IN THEIR PLAN. She knew that Mikael obviously hated his son, that much was clear, but she worried that maybe he would double-cross them in the way that Elijah once did. The little witch knew that to put their faith in an Original vampire usually proved disastrous for everyone involved.

"Let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan told the rest of the group as he led them into the library with a pointed look on his face. Riley knew that all he cared about was destroying Klaus.

"And you, what? Vervained him?" The doppelganger raised an eyebrow with widened eyes.

"Do you seriously think he's going to believe that? One of you guys vervained him?" Riley scoffed whilst she folded her arms across her chest. "I mean, come on, guys. This is Klaus we're talking about. We need to be smart."

"Okay fine." Stefan rolled his eyes and exasperatedly sighed. "We vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

Elena nodded."Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead—"

"—We drove it through his heart." The youngest Salvatore brother finished for Elena with a devilish smirk plastered across his lips.

"Right, okay. But, what exactly are we gonna do if he asks to see Mikael's body, hm?" The Evans witch raised an eyebrow.

Damon nodded in agreement just as he rested his arm against Riley's shoulder. "Good point, Riles. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So, if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena's eyes frantically flickered between Riley, Stefan, and Damon.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael's voice called out to the group as all eyes averted to him. He began to prepare the dagger and white oak ash onto the table.

"What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well, it means our plan is working." Mikael nodded. "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan gestured to the dagger that Mikael had arranged on the table. Elijah had made it known to Riley and Elena, that daggers were useless against Klaus himself.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." The Original vampire gripped the small vial of white oak ashed.