𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | BRINGING OUT THE DEAD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN RILEY WOKE UP, DAMON WAS QUICK TO TELL HER WHAT HE HAD BEEN DOING WHILST SHE WAS ASLEEP. Just before Klaus had retrieved his family from Stefan, it had seemed that Damon left a note in Elijah's jacket pocket asking to meet. He and Damon had devised a plan, and part of that plan was having dinner with the Mikaelsons themselves.

"It's a brilliant plan, Riley," Damon stated followed the strawberry-blonde up to Stefan's bedroom where they were about to tell him the news. "I don't know why you're being so up-tight."

"Up-tight?" The strawberry-blonde scoffed and raised an eyebrow. "Sorry that I'm not jumping for joy at the fact that we have to endure a dinner with the damn Addams family!"

Stefan sauntered into the room shirtless and a towel over his shoulder. Damon rolled his eyes at Stefan's careless demeanor. "Get dressed. We're going out."

"Yeah, sorry, not interested." Stefan shrugged as he wandered past without a hint of intrigue about what was happening.

"It wasn't a request, Stefan." Riley's voice boomed from behind him as he turned around. "Damon, the complete and utter genius, has apparently scheduled a sit-down with Elijah and Klaus."

Damon held up two shirts and flickered his gaze between the two. "I say go with the black. It makes you look all villain-y."

"Klaus won't make a deal, Damon." Stefan shook his head.

"He doesn't have to. All we're doing is buying a little time to give our wicked witches a little time to pop the top of the coffin." Damon shrugged simply.

A small scoff left Stefan's lips. "So, that's your plan? Stall Klaus?"

"If you hadn't gone postal on his Hybrid's then maybe we'd have some options."

"So you unleash an Original to help him out?" Stefan continued with amusement in his voice.

"Damon said that Elijah wants the same as us, Stefan. After what Klaus did to him, Elijah wants him to suffer just as much as we do— if not more." The witch nodded with her arms folded across her chest.

"There's nothing smart about trusting Elijah. He screwed us over the last time he promised to help us kill Klaus." Stefan glanced between Damon and Riley with a look of disbelief on his face.

"The way you've been acting, I'd trust him about as much as I trust you." Damon glared harshly toward Stefan.

"Well, I guess that goes both ways. Doesn't it?"

"Right, well just remember, if it wasn't for your loyalty to Klaus, none of this would be happening right now," Riley growled at him. "Klaus would've been dead, but you saved him, didn't you?"