𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | DADDY ISSUES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY HAD STEFAN HAD DECIDED TO SPEND THEIR MORNING GRABBING COFFEE. Honestly, Riley wanted a day with Stefan without all of the supernatural dramas. And, she missed her best friend. Though, their coffee date was swiftly interrupted by a frantic text from Caroline explaining that Tyler knew everything. So, they headed straight over to her house in an attempt to find out just exactly what everything entailed.

"What's wrong?" Stefan shrugged the minute that he and Riley wandered into Caroline's house, who swiftly shut the door behind them once they entered.

"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason," Caroline's eyes shifted to Riley. "He doesn't know you were involved though. I didn't say a word, I swear."

"It's that woman, Jules." Stefan exasperatedly sighed out once he glanced between the two females. "She had a run-in with Damon."

With the feeling of guilt running through her veins, Riley cleared her throat and glanced at Caroline. "Uh. How did Tyler take the news, exactly?"

"He was so upset. The look on his face. He was so betrayed." Then, she fearfully looked at Stefan. "You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?"

"No. He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die." Stefan stated just as Caroline was about to protest the fact. "And, he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed."

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain. You know, you always know the right things to say, okay?" Caroline's eyes fluttered between the two of them ."He and I— we're friends."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

At Caroline's request, Stefan and Riley headed to the Lockwood's in an attempt to reason with Tyler before he did something stupid which would have ended with Damon killing him. As they stepped inside the study, Tyler's eyes fearfully widened. He attempted to run out of the room, but Stefan sped in the way. "Tyler. No. No, we're here to talk. I promise."

Tyler eyed up the Salvatore, then toward the Evans girl who stood behind him. "Then, why did you break in?"

"Would you have let me in otherwise?" Stefan immediately countered.

"Tyler?" Carol Lockwood suddenly yelled for her son, which caused him to attempt to flee the room once more. Stefan grabbed him, and pinned him to the wall, and told him to be quiet. "Tyler? I'm leaving for the memorial." Carol glanced into the office, just before she left but Riley managed to move out of sight.