𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | THE BIRTHDAY

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE STEFAN HAD LEFT MYSTIC FALLS WITH KLAUS IN ORDER TO SAVE DAMON'S LIFE. Riley and Damon had been tirelessly following every single lead that Sheriff Forbes threw their way, all while making sure Elena stayed as far away from stumbling across Klaus as possible. Klaus was under the impression that Elena died during the sacrifice— it needed to stay that way.

A small, soft groan escaped the strawberry-blonde witch's lips as her eyes fluttered open. But, as she glanced to her left, her eyes immediately locked with Damon's icy-blue ones. "Uh. Good morning to you, too?" The witch groggily spoke.

"Morning," He responded flirtatiously whilst he wriggled his eyebrows suggestively toward his girlfriend.

"How long have you been awake?" The little witch furrowed her eyebrows as she rubbed her eyes gently.

"A while." The Salvatore vaguely responded.

"Okay. How long have you been staring at me?"

"Not long enough." The Salvatore smirked. He then snaked his hands around Riley's waist once and seated herself upwards in their large bed. "No. Riley, just stay in bed a little longer." Damon protested the same way a young child would.

"I can't." Riley pouted. "I said I'd meet Elena this morning since it's her birthday. And, to be honest, it probably sucks that she hasn't got Stefan to spend it with, you know?"

"I know, I know." Damon finally let the female go as she climbed out of the bed and strutted toward the dresser. His eyes remained firmly on the witch as she grabbed a shirt and tossed it over her head.

"Listen, the sooner we find Stefan, the sooner things can get back to normal." Riley nodded reassuringly whilst she pulled a pair of jeans up her legs. "Caroline's planning a party for Elena, right? She wanted to know if she could do it here. Since, you know— the place is massive."

"Uh— one condition." Damon gave Riley a pointed look as the two wandered down the staircase. "I get to make out with my drunken girlfriend."

"As if you even needed to ask." Riley chuckled softly as she snaked her arms around Damon's neck. The two giggled quietly, their lips inches apart from each other but their moment was interrupted by Elena's arrival. "Oh— Elena, hey. I was actually just coming to yours."

"Figured it would be quicker for me to come here and speak to both of you. Sheriff Forbes gave us another location to check." Elena began rummaged through her pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper, which she handed to Damon. "Memphis."

"Another dead end, you mean?" Damon scoffed in disbelief.

"Damon." Riley quietly muttered. She knew that Damon wanted Elena to stop searching for Stefan in case she stumbled upon Klaus, but it didn't mean that he had to be rude.