𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY WANTED TO LIVE UP TO HER PROMISE TO STEFAN ABOUT KEEPING ELENA SAFE, SO SHE AND BONNIE CAME UP WITH A PLAN. They had placed a spell on the Gilbert residence so that Elena was unable to leave and either attempt to hand herself over to Klaus again or enter the tomb to see Stefan. However, at this moment in time, Elena knew nothing about the spell placed on her home.

"Now that you've got this back, what are you guys gonna do with it?" Elena asked the two witches that laid draped across her bed whilst she examined the moonstone in her palm.

"Right now, it's what's binding the Sun and Moon Curse. If Riley and I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless." Bonnie explained to the doppelganger who tilted her head.

"And, according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful."

"Uh, Klaus can only become vengeful if he finds out. And, I'm not gonna tell him. Are you?" Riley raised an inquisitive eyebrow toward the Gilbert girl, who rolled her eyes.

"Guys, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've gotta get him out."

Bonnie shook her head in protest. "Stefan wants us to work on this."

"Well, don't listen to him. He thinks he's protecting me, but he's wrong." Elena sighed heavily once more.

"He's not wrong for wanting to protect the woman he loves, Elena." The Evans girl scoffed in disbelief. "You can't change our minds. We're not letting this sacrifice happen."

Bonnie yanked the moonstone from Elena's grip, just as Jeremy wandered into the bedroom. "What're you guys arguing about?"

"Not arguing about anything." Bonnie simply shrugged with an innocent smile. She turned to her left and slipped the moonstone inside her handbag, then glanced at Riley. "I need a coffee. You coming?"

"Yeah. Yeah, sure." Riley nodded. She followed the Bennett witch down the staircase, shortly after Jeremy left the room too. "So, you really think she'll take it?"

Bonnie poured the expresso into two cups, then shrugged toward Riley. "There's only one way to find out. She definitely watched me put the damn thing in my bag, though."

At the sound of Elena moving down the staircase, Riley scoffed. "Unbelievable." She and Bonnie moved into the hallway just as Elena reached the bottom of the stairs. "Where you off to?"

"Um—" Elena hesitated for a moment as she twirled her car keys in her hand. "To see Stefan."

Bonnie rolled her eyes and tilted her head. "You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Oh, come on, Elena." Riley chuckled softly but the doppelganger continued to edge toward the door.