𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | GHOST WORLD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN RILEY WOKE, SHE FELT THAT SHE WAS ALONE IN THE BED. Her eyes fluttered open, and she raised an eyebrow the moment she realized that Damon was not beside her. It was unusual for Damon to have gotten out of bed before Riley even woke up since he usually liked to roll around with her since it helped him start his day right.

The strawberry-blonde pulled one of Damon's shirts from the dresser and yanked it over her head before she wandered down the staircase. With every step she took, she heard a low grunt echo from the parlor.

"What the hell?" She saw Damon bound to a chair in the center of the room with a poker right through his chest. She noticed his daylight ring was laid on the floor just a little away from him. "What— I'm guessing we have your brother to thank for this, huh?"

"Low blow, Stefan," Damon muttered breathlessly as his eyes flickered up to Stefan, who stood at the doorway with a smirk on his lips. "Low blow. Whatever twisted Ripper game this is, leave me out of it."

"I didn't do this," Stefan answered simply.

"Really? Then, who the hell else would've done it." A scoff of disbelief left the strawberry-blonde's lips. "This is a little too kinky, even for me."

"I didn't. It's pretty messed up, isn't it?" He stepped closer to his brother and yanked the poker from his chest, which caused a loud gasp of pain to leave Damon's lips. Then, he broke the restraints from Damon's hands and walked away.

"God. You're a dick." Riley rolled her eyes as she hurried behind Damon and tried to release the chains from behind the chair. "Do you really believe he didn't do this?"

"I don't know." Damon shrugged breathlessly, whilst his eyes flickered to the curtain that began to twitch. "Riley? Riley, hurry—"

"Shut up! I'm going as fast as I—" Before the witch knew it, the curtain had been yanked open and Damon's skin began to sizzle and burn. "Holy crap." The witch sprinted over to his daylight ring, picked it up, and slid it onto his finger. "Guess I should've grabbed that first, right?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Damon and Riley had come to the conclusion that what happened to Damon was not the work of Stefan— Mason Lockwood had done it. They worked out that whatever they had done to stop Vicki from interacting with Matt after he died had somehow caused something to fall apart which had allowed other ghosts to come back and mess with people.

"So, this is where you brought Jeremy back to life?" Caroline anxiously asked as Bonnie led Caroline and Riley down into the basement of the old witch house.