𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | ROSE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

FOR RILEY, SCHOOL WAS ONE OF THE MOST NORMAL ACTIVITIES SHE COULD DO AMONGST ALL OF THE CRAZY OF THE SUPERNATURAL WORLD. There was nothing more simplistic than standing in the school hallways with your best friend, awaiting the bell ring for the next period. Since the Masquerade, Stefan had been pretty distraught. Even though they managed to stop Katherine, Elena still wanted to be apart from Stefan.

"Stop pouting, okay?" Riley rolled her eyes toward her friend, who glared back at her. "What? Come on, that is not the face of a man who's gonna try everything to get his girlfriend back."

A small scoff left Stefan's lips as he raised an eyebrow toward the witch. "Okay. Then, what is it the face of?"

"Uh. It's the face of a quitter. And, the Stefan Salvatore I know it's not a quitter. A broody little bitch? Yes. But, a quitter? No."

"You're all heart, you know that?" The Salvatore chuckled to himself as he saw Jeremy stride over to them with an almost irritated look on her face. "Hey, Jeremy."

"Elena's gotta let me know if she wants me to cover for her. I mean, Jenna's cool with the two of you, but you guys are pushing it." Jeremy told Stefan, whilst his gaze flickered between Riley and the Salvatore.

"What are you talking about?" Stefan furrowed his brows as confusion spread all over his face.

"Look, I'm glad you guys are back together, but if she's gonna sleepover, you gotta—"

"Woah. No, rewind, Jeremy. Stefan and Elena aren't back together." Riley furrowed her brows, then gestured to the vampire that stood beside her. "I mean, look at that face. Does that look like the face of a guy who's back with Elena Gilbert to you?"

"Wait. She didn't stay at your place last night?" Jeremy readjusted the strap on his backpack with a confused look on his face.

"No. I mean, I saw her at the party, but that was it. She didn't sleepover."

Jeremy immediately knew that something was wrong. "Because her bed hadn't been slept in, and Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was still in the driveway."

"Where the hell is Elena, then?" Riley breathed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After the news of Elena's disappearance hit them, Stefan called Damon, who met with them just outside the high school. "This has Katherine written all over it." The younger of the two vampires bitterly stated as he began to frantically pace.

"No, it can't be Katherine." As the words fell from her lips, even Riley doubted her certainty. "Can it?"

"No. Katherine's in the tomb. Trust me, I'm the one that shut her in." Damon nodded in agreement with Riley while Stefan just glared at them.