𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | MEMORY LANE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY WANDERED OUT OF THE BATHROOM, AFTER DOING HER MAKEUP AND HEADED OVER TO HER CLOSET IN SEARCH OF AN OUTFIT. She hadn't heard from Stefan, and she felt like the two had barely seen each other since all of the Katherine drama, so planned to head over and check in with him.

"Ooh! Pretty shirt." Damon's voice turned into a whistle as the strawberry-blonde jolted in surprise, then turned around to see the Salvatore was laid across her bed. "

The strawberry-blonde tossed her jumper back onto the back with an irritated look on her face. "You really need to stop appearing in my room like this. You're displaying so many stalker-like traits, right now."

"So, tell the cops." The Salvatore raise an eyebrow toward the female with a challenging look on his face. "Or, better still, tell your Grandma."

"Ooh, that's a good idea. She'll probably kill you herself." The strawberry-blonde answered with a soft hum.

"She still hates me, right? Why?"

"Because she can read people like a book. She thinks you're a narcissistic, dick. And, I mean, she's not too far off the mark, is she?"

"Ouch." He smirked before he finally got up to his feet. "You know, you don't have to pretend to hate me anymore. Our beef? Squashed."

"Our beef can only be squashed by me. And, it's not." Riley rolled her eyes as a scoff of irritation left her lips. "Why are you here, anyway?"

"Aunt Jenna's having a barbecue." The Salvatore shrugged. "I figured I'd come round and ask you to join me. Thought it would be a good way to celebrate the resurrection of our friendship."

"Jenna doesn't like you," Riley narrowed her gaze toward him as she turned to face him. "What's in it for you anyway? You'd never go to something so trivial unless you were planning something."

"Mason Lockwood's going."

"And, there it is. Your other obsession." Riley slowly nodded.

"Look, will you come with me, or not?" The Salvatore's eyes narrowed, almost as if he were getting irritated with her.

"Fine. Fine! But, this doesn't mean you and I are cool. I'm just coming to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"To dirty shame," Alaric yelled out as he, Jenna, and Mason clinked their shot glasses together just as Damon entered the kitchen with the strawberry-blonde at his side.

"Damon," Jenna gritted her teeth, almost biting her tongue once she saw the vampire, then she turned to Riley. "Riley, Elena didn't tell me you were coming— with him."