𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | THE SACRIFICE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE MOONSTONE WAS THE ONE THING THEY NEEDED TO STOP THE SACRIFICE. Damon and Stefan headed to the tomb underneath the church, where Katherine currently was. The Pierce woman had the moonstone in her possession, and she knew that needed it so she wanted to make a deal: In exchange for her freedom, Katherine would give them the moonstone and disappear from Mystic Falls forever.

After Stefan and Damon had finished explaining Katherine's demands to Riley and Elena, who stood in the Gilbert kitchen, Elena sighed. "You don't believe her, do you?"

"Of course not," Damon answered back immediately as he tossed an Orange in between his hands. "We just want the moonstone."

Stefan nodded in agreement with his brother. "According to Rose's friend, Slater. There's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break."

"No spell. No doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you live." Damon gestured with a smirk whilst Riley irritably grabbed the Orange within his grip and placed it back in Elena's fruit bowl.

Elena furrowed her brows whilst she leaned against the doorway. "How do you destroy it?"

"You have to release the spell from the moonstone," The strawberry-blonde witch explained in the simplistic way she could so that Elena would understand. "Bonnie and I are gonna do anything we can to make sure this sacrifice can't happen."

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone." Elena scoffed in disbelief. "She's not gonna give it to you."

"We're gonna get it from her," Stefan told his girlfriend, whose eyes widened fearfully.

"Well, what he means to say, is that we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to."

"Bonnie and Riley just need to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it."

"Wow." A heavy sigh escaped Elena's lips. "I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out."

"Yep. We're awesome." Damon held his hand up towards Riley, who high-fived him whilst a chuckle escaped her lips.

"Except for one thing." Elena's sudden answer caused the laughing and joking to come to a halt. "I don't want you to do it."

Riley's eyes widened as she exchanged confused looks with the two vampires. Then, she glanced back to her best friend. "What? Elena, don't be stupid. We don't have a choice."

"What about Klaus?"

Stefan shrugged simply. "We'll find him right after we get the moonstone."

"Is that before or after he kills everyone that I care about, including the three of you." Elena pointed out to the three with a look of sadness on her face.