𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | KATERINA

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY WAS TAKEN ABACK WHEN SHE HEADED DOWNSTAIRS FOR HER MORNING COFFEE AND SAW ELENA'S KIDNAPPER ON THE COUCH. She had turned up offering to help, and willing to give them all they knew about the sacrifice, and Klaus himself. Riley was unsure whether to actually believe the woman, but considering their information on Klaus was extremely limited, they had no other option.

"Okay. I only know what I've picked up over the years." Rose declared as she stood in front of the four supernatural creatures. "And, I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all of this vampire crap. But, Klaus I know is real."

"Who is he?" Elena suddenly asked with her arms folded across her chest whilst she sat beside the Evans witch.

"He's one of the Originals." Damon's voice carried as all eyes averted to him. "He's a Legend."

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan continued on from Damon's vague explanation.

"Like Elijah, the guy that tried to take you?" Riley asked Elena whilst her gaze flickered between the doppelganger and Rose, who stood her head.

"No." Rose exasperatedly sighed. "Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

Stefan turned his eyes to his girlfriend, who seemed utterly terrified. "Klaus is known to be the oldest."

"Okay. So, you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" The doppelganger scoffed in disbelief.

"No."

"Yes."

Damon furrowed his brows at the two completely different responses from Stefan and Rose. "What they're saying is. I mean, if what she's saying is true— and you're not just saying this so we don't kill you. Then, we're looking at a solid maybe."

"No. But, wait." Riley spoke up the moment she saw Elena's face fall. "If you guys killed Elijah yesterday, then nobody else knows the doppelganger exists."

"Not that you know of." Rose carried on, while Riley glared at her.

"That's not helping." The eldest Salvatore snapped.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him." Stefan lifted himself up and sat down, the other side of Elena. "I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know what's real. For all we know, he just could be some stupid bedtime story."

"He's real. And, he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Alright, we're shaking. You made your point." Damon sarcastically rolled his eyes toward the woman.