𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | THE RECKONING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS SENIOR PRANK NIGHT, AND IT WAS SOMETHING CAROLINE AND RILEY WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO. It was a chance at normalcy, especially through the midst of all of the crazy that was going on in their lives. Riley, Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, and Tyler had all set up mouse traps within one of the classrooms, but instead, Matt Donovan's entrance to the room set them off.

"Oh, come on!" The Forbes vampire exasperatedly yelled out whilst all eyes averted to a frightened-looking Matt. "Seriously? Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?"

Tyler rolled his eyes in the direction of his best friend. "Forgot about Senior Prank Night, huh?"

"Clearly." Matt snapped with sweat dripping from his face.

"How could you forget such a thing? This probably the most exciting thing to happen in our high school careers." Riley folded her arms across her chest. "You know, apart from graduating."

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena chuckled softly in the direction of the Donovan boy.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie deadpanned with a heavy sigh whilst a small chuckle escaped Riley's lips.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't—"

"—Create these memories, then what's the point of it all?" The doppelganger mockingly cut Caroline off with a smirk on her face.

"Ooh, don't make fun of Caroline. She's got a point, for once." Riley smirked, though the Forbes vampire didn't seem too impressed with the mocking.

"You're all lame. And, I've got ten more classrooms to prank." The Lockwood boy announced just as he grabbed his duffle bag and hurried out of the classroom.

"Come on, Elena. You and I can superglue Alaric's desk shut." The Evans witch chuckled softly as she pulled the doppelganger up to her feet as they wandered out of the classroom.

As they walked out of the classroom, Tyler was briefing the rest of the football guys into helping with the pranks. The lengths Tyler was prepared to just to prank a few teachers did make Riley laugh, and Caroline was right— it was all about memories.

Riley pushed one set of double doors open, but as she and Elena wandered into the corridor, Klaus was stood in front of them with an unreadable expression on his face. "Well, isn't this a surprise?"

"Klaus." Elena breathed out fearfully, her eyes widened as she came face-to-face with the Original Hybrid.

"You are supposed to be dead," Klaus looked almost enraged by the fact that the doppelganger was still breathing air, despite him feeding on her until the point of her death. He turned his attention to Riley. "Why isn't she dead?"