𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | HEART OF DARKNESS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

BEING IN A CONFINED SPACE WITH DAMON WITH THE LAST THING THAT RILEY WANTED TO ENDURE RIGHT NOW. The Evans girl had unwillingly been pulled on a trip to Denver with Damon and Elena to recover Jeremy. Their goal was to work out exactly who their bloodline originated from, and since Jeremy could speak to the dead, they wanted her to contact Rose.

As they wandered through the baseball courts, Elena glanced around in search of her younger brother. She knew that baseball was something he had grown to enjoy since he moved from Mystic Falls. "There he is!" Gilbert yelled the moment she saw him.

The three watched Jeremy who was inside one of the cages. He swung for the ball and missed, which caused the Salvatore to scoff. "Next time we compelled him, remind me to make him better at baseball."

Riley rolled her eyes and turned around to face him whilst Elena wandered inside the cage to speak with Jeremy. "Do you seriously think there will be a next time?"

"Who knows with Elena." Damon playfully nudged her Riley with a pointed look on his face. "There might even be a time after that. Shocker."

The three filled Jeremy in on their current dilemma, as well as what had been going on in Mystic Falls since he departed. "Katherine sired us. Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose." Damon explained.

Jeremy placed his baseball bat back in the holder, then raised his eyes between the three. "So you three traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?"

"As selfish and as odd as that sounds, yes we did," Riley chuckled softly, then folded her arms across her chest.

"Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I never even met Rose."

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon glared harshly back at the Gilbert boy, who scoffed in disbelief.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus, as well. She and Damon were close so maybe we can use him as a connection?" Elena suggested in her slightly less intimidating voice.

Jeremy stood silently for a moment as if he were thinking over his options. "Fine, fine. Can we do this later? My friend just got here. And, yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." As Jeremy walked away and toward his friend, the three turned around to notice that Jeremy's friend was actually Kol Mikaelson.

"Guys, It's Kol!" Elena yelled out as she and Riley backed away from the Original. As soon as Damon turned around, Kol hit Damon straight across the face with a baseball bat.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Jeremy called out to Kol with a bewildered look on his face as he watched Damon fall to the ground.

"Jeremy, he's not your friend. He's an Original!" Riley yelled in the direction of Jeremy who stood a little behind Kol.