one

The sounds of the ceaseless rain dropping on the windows echoed through the almost empty café

The sounds of the ceaseless rain dropping on the windows echoed through the almost empty café. Every rain drop that hit the window slowly dribbled down making a thin streak of water along the glass. It had been endlessly raining for the past two weeks and like most winters, it was algid and bitter.

The barista called Sadie's name interrupting the silence. The short brunette with an oversized rain jacket looked over at the barista and walked over to pick up her drink. Her hair was drenched from the rain since the wind kept knocking her hood off her head.

Sadie held her drink with two hands feeling its warmness heat up her hands as she brought the cup up to her lips, slowly tipping it towards her so only a few drops hit her lips.

She felt its hotness and slowly blew into the small slit before pulling her hood over her head, forcing it to cover most of her face and touch the bridge of her nose. After walking to the door and gently pushing it open she became exposed to the rain again.

As she walked towards her car she stared down at her cup watching the rain drops hit the white lid.

Out of nowhere Sadie felt a strong shoulder smash against hers. The insentisy of the bump caused her to stumble backwards, her hood fell off, and she heard a thick husky voice say, "Watch where you're going, idiot!"

The air around the two became thick as she looked up at the man in front of her. It's like the wind stopped and only the rain continued to pour on them. Just as her brown eyes ended up at his dark ones she felt her heart skip a beat in fear. "S-sorry," she stammered.

She didn't know what she was more scared of-his reaction, what he was capable of doing or of the sight before her, of a muscular man with dark condescending eyes that stared at her like they were shooting bullets right through her.

His face was full of anger, full of pain-years of suffering maybe. His jaw clenched tightly making his cheekbones appear slimmer. His eyebrows creased as he stood face to face with her.

He shook his head analyzing her facial features for a brief moment, taking in her slender oval-shaped face, her honey colored shimmering eyes, her perfectly shaped eyebrows, her plump lips that were covered by a subtle tint of red, and the tiny freckles that covered parts of her nose and cheeks.

Without another word he turned away, and began waking again. She managed to notice that his face was soaked and his hood hung right above his dark menacing eyes.

She ignored the chills going down her spine and continued making her way towards her car. Ever so often she would turn and look behind her, just to make sure the man wasn't following her.

Once she reached her car, she unlocked it, and got inside, turning the engine and the heater on as she placed her coffee down in the cup holder beside her seat.

The car's windows began clouding up, creating an even more eerie feeling. She changed the direction of the air flow and the windshield began clearing up.

Without waiting anymore, she reversed out of her parking spot and drove to her apartment with thoughts of the man flashing in her mind. The look on his face was haunting her.