five

Sadie hummed a small tune as she placed the boxes of cake mix into the right place

Sadie hummed a small tune as she placed the boxes of cake mix into the right place. She found one in particular that she wanted to buy and make for herself, super moist red velvet.

As she read the ingredients needed as well as the instructions, she saw someone walking over to the fridges at the back wall of the store. She noticed who it was and quickly turned the other way.

Who goes shopping like every day?

She placed the box she was holding down on the shelf and picked up a new one from the cart next to her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the shadow of the person walking around. She placed a few more boxes in their place before seeing the figure walking closer and closer. She grabbed a box and held it up beside her face to cover her from view.

"Hey," she heard the man bark.

She turned around the opposite way and looked down at the box of chocolate cake mix.

"I'm talking to you. I know you saw me," he said.

Was he the one following her now?

She turned around and looked up at him. "Can I help you find something?"

"I was looking for you," he said.

"M-me? For, for why?" she asked, "I mean for what reason...s?"

He chuckled, "Don't tell me you're scared of me."

"I'm not but I just don't want to fight right now, I'm in a good mood," she said.

"Right, well... I have a question for you actually," he said.

Her cheeks flustered a soft pink. She definitely thought he was attractive, no doubt about it, but his personality was frankly an issue. An issue that might cause her to say no.

"Don't worry I'm not asking you out," he said.

"Oh, what a relief," she lied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing..."

"Well I have cut on my lower stomach... and you seem to know a lot about stuff about cuts and about cleaning so I was wondering if you could tell me if it was infected?" he asked.

She laughed and he gave her a stern look making her quickly shut up. "Sorry... Um yeah, where is it?" I asked.

He lifted his hoodie up revealing a blood-stained· bandage. Beside the bandage though, Sadie could see his well-toned body covered in tattoos. He pulled the bandage off revealing the cut to her.

She focused and squatted down to look at the cut closely. As she examined it and pressed around it seeing his reaction, she came to a conclusion. "It's not infected, but if you don't take care of it, it could get infected."