ten

Sadie walked out with a box of spices and headed towards the condiments aisle

Sadie walked out with a box of spices and headed towards the condiments aisle. As she began shelving the items in the box, she hummed a small tune to herself.

"Ah!"

Sadie jumped dropping the box as she turned to see who had yelled. Once she saw it was Jason, her eyes narrowed and she couldn't help but smack his arm. Just as he started laughing she said, "Not. Funny!" as she smacked his arm again.

"Oh it was funny, the look on your face was hilarious," he said helping her pick up the box she had dropped.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Sadie asked as she snatched the box from his arms.

"I have nothing to do so I decided that I should come piss you off," he said.

"Don't have any drugs to sell?" she asked in a lower voice.

"Nope, not today," he said.

She started placing the salt in its place before moving onto the pepper.

"So you work every day of the week?" he asked.

"Yes, eight to four, except weekends, I don't work on weekends," she explained as she put the empty box in the chart and grabbed another box.

"Until four huh," Jason said.

"Yes," she replied, hoping he would ask what she was thinking.

"Well wanna go get some pizza afterward?" he nonchalantly asked as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

On the outside she played the cool girl, hiding a smile of excitement but on the inside, she was jumping up and down. Sure she knew a fingernail about him but it was okay, that's what dates were for.

"Are you asking me on a date?" she calmly asked as she looked over at him.

"Wouldn't call it a date since you know, I'm not into you or anything, we're friends though? Right?" he asked scratching the side of his head.

"Sure. We're friends," she smiled as she turned towards the other shelf. He followed her and leaned against the shelf. His weight accidentally shifted it making him jump away. Sadie began laughing as she shook her head, "You ain't slick."

"Oh I think I am," he said getting closer to her, "so will you agree to go eat with me later?"

"If you admit it's a date," she replied sending a smirk his way.

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? So I'm guessing that means you want to date me."

"Well, th-"

"Nope. Can't take it back. Ya said it! I'm flattered honestly," he said.

Sadie narrowed her eyes before rolling them and looking away. He was right though, she did want to date him, more than anything. You see, Sadie was the type of girl to be into bad boys or boys that weren't your average everyday guy. She likes the mystery and suspense of having to figure the guy out, it kept things exciting.