eighteen

Sadie arrived at the park they agreed to meet at, exactly at ten AM

Sadie arrived at the park they agreed to meet at, exactly at ten AM. She waited. Fifteen minutes passed by and she felt herself start to get more and more anxious. Why wasn't Jason there already? He was almost never late. Sadie started thinking the worst. She knew he was either stabbed again or maybe even shot. The worst part of all was that she had no way of contacting him. She only knew where he lived but he told her not to show up alone because it was dangerous. It didn't matter to her; if she had to show up she would, regardless of how dangerous it was.

Sadie paced around as she waited another twenty minutes hoping that he would show up even if he was extremely late. After about an hour she decided to drive to the apartment he lived at and find out if he was okay or not.

She walked across the grass over to where she had parked her car. As she reached the car she pulled out her keys from her pocket. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder and she quickly turned to see who it was. It was Jason, and thankfully he was okay.

"Hey."

"You asshole, I thought you were hurt!" Sadie said punching him in the chest.

"Ow. I'm hurt now," Jason said.

"Shut up," Sadie said crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm fine, I just overslept," Jason said.

"I'm glad you're okay, you scared me," Sadie said.

Jason smirked, "Ooo, Sadie was worried that I was hurt. How cute."

Sadie rolled her eyes, "I'm going home."

"You made me drive all the way over here for nothing?" Jason asked.

"No, let's walk around," Sadie gave in as she began walking over to the sidewalk. Jason followed her and caught up to her side. "How'd it go?"

"Pretty good," he said.

"Did you get a lot of money?" Sadie asked.

"Yes."

"Can I have some?"

"Sure," Jason said.

"Really?" Sadie asked, surprised by his answer.

"Yes," he replied, "are you really going to accept it?"

"No," Sadie giggled, "I just wanted to know what your answer would be."

"Why won't you take money from me? I don't use it," he asked her.

"Because I don't want the easy way out, I want to earn what I get by working," she replied.

"Oh I can give you a job or two," Jason winked as he nudged her arm.

"That's disgusting," Sadie whispered.

"Is it disgusting because I'm the one you're going to be working for or...?" he asked.

"Just shh," Sadie said shushing him as she shook her head in disapproval.