thirteen

The clock struck 4PM and Sadie clocked out

The clock struck 4PM and Sadie clocked out. She had been doing better-tired-but was happy that it was Friday and like most weekends, she had the weekend off. She crossed her purse over her body and made her way out of the store.

As soon as the sun hit her she felt a little lightheaded but continued to walk.

"Hey! Guess what I brought?" she heard from behind her. She stopped walking and turned around to see Jason walking over to her.

She smiled at the sight before her and replied, "What'd you bring?"

"That blunt you're going to smoke," he smirked.

"Fun," she said, "where should we go?"

"I have a place in mind," he said.

"Is it that sketchy house you took me to last time?" Sadie asked.

"No, this place isn't sketchy," he said.

"Swear?"

"Yeah," he said.

"Okay."

She followed him down the street to his car. Once they were inside he drove away to a fancier part of town. He pulled up to a tall building and turned the car off, turning to look over at Sadie, "We're here."

"Did you get a new apartment?" she asked.

"Nope, let's go," he said getting out.

She continued following him into the building and towards the elevator. He took them all the way up to the 12th floor. On that floor, they climbed up a flight of stairs to the roof access.

"Are you trying to push me off the top of a building?" Sadie asked.

Jason laughed and answered, "No why?"

"Every place you take me to is very high," she said.

"Just like you're about to be," he smirked walking backward towards a bench-like object.

She shook her head and went to sit next to him, "I can't believe I'm about to do this."

"You've got to live a little right?"

"I am living a little. No doubt about that."

Jason handed her the blunt and she sighed but placed it in between her lips, watching as he took a lighter out of his pocket and lit the end of it. As she took the first puff, she coughed a little, letting the smoke come out in uneven patterns.

Jason laughed, "Come on granny don't die on me now."

"Oh man, I am a granny," Sadie joked as she went for another puff. Sadie closed her eyes tightly before saying, "Holy shit this is strong."

"Thought you said you could smoke a blunt all by yourself," he smirked.

"I could... years ago," she laughed, blowing a cloud of smoke out. She offered it to Jason and he took it, easily taking a long drag, holding it in for a few seconds before releasing the smoke, slowly.