fifteen

Sadie laid in bed all Sunday

Sadie laid in bed all Sunday. The pain in her abdomen would come and go and there was nothing she could do about it except take some advil and lay in misery.

Early Monday morning she woke up and got dressed for work. The first thing she had to so was restock what wasn't restocked the night before. As she walked around she got the pain again. This time it was bearable, like an annoying period cramp but she knew it wasn't her period because she already got at the beginning of the month.

After she finished restocking cereals she moved onto pasta which was in the next aisle. As she walked, she winced at the pain, leaning against the cart as she pushed it.

Once she got to the pasta aisle she bumped into someone but before she could hit them with the cart she moved to the side. The person got in front of her again so she moved once more to the opposite side. The person followed her actions making her look up.
When she saw who it was she instantly closed her eyes shut. As if she wasn't already dealing with the pain in her abdomen now she had to deal with a pain in her ass.

"Excuse me," she said moving to the side again. Jason moved in front of her again and she stopped waiting for him to move but after he didn't, she moved again.

He stood in front again and she snapped, "Move goddamnit, I'm trying to work."

"Relax and just hear me out."

She moved one last time. He moved in front of her again.

"Stop getting in my fucking way, this isn't a game. Now fuck off."

"Miss Buchanan! That is no way to speak to a customer!" she heard her manager yell from behind.
"I'm sorry Mr. Wells, he's not a customer," she defended herself.

"That doesn't matter. You're giving a bad impression of the store. This is a warning but if I ever hear you using that kind of language in my store again, you'll be fired. Understood?"

"Yes Mr. Wells."

"Good, get back to work," he said before he walked away.

"Look what you did, you almost got me fired, go away," Sadie whisper-yelled.

"Sadie I'm so sorry. For what just happened and for Saturday. I didn't mean what I said."

"Okay."

She got on her knees and began putting the bags of spaghetti in their place. For a few minutes there was a silence between the two as she continued doing her job and he stood there watching.

"Could you go away now? I listened."

"No, forgive me," Jason said.

"You don't need me to forgive you," she said grabbing another bag of spaghetti from the cart.

"I do need you to forgive me. I feel terrible for what I said."

"Good," she replied.

"That's why I want you to forgive me. I take back what I said," he said.