two

Every day was different now

Every day was different now. Sadie woke up and turned to her side looking towards her windows that were covered by her baby blue colored curtains.

She got up and stretched before she walked over to the windows to draw the curtains back and stare out into the view that allowed her to see a park and the far streets of downtown.

Unlike before she had learned to appreciate every element of life; the gloomy clouds above her, the gentle breeze, the trees that swayed from side to side and most of all the brand new day.

She usually slammed her alarm off and groaned as she got up to get ready for work or school-but not today.

Today she smiled as she walked into the bathroom to get ready for work.

After taking a shower and getting dressed she walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast before walking back to the bathroom and blow drying her hair.

By 7:30 she was walking out of her apartment and to her car. She got to work and began stocking the shelves like she was usually told to do.

Throughout her day she was asked a couple of questions on the location of certain foods, nothing too special. After lunch, she worked on produce then organizing anything that was out of place until the day was over.

Her typical evening consisted of going home and cooking up a meal for herself. After she finished cooking she would sit at the table and eat in silence as she read a book. Following dinner was some time to catch up with her favorite TV shows before bedtime.

Whenever she didn't feel like cooking she would spend the evening out and then she'd pick up some take-out on her way home.

As she sat in bed, her mind drifted to the night before, when she had bumped into the stranger. She clearly remembered his face and the look of anger present on it. She created a list in her mind of all the reasons he could've been having a bad day.

Maybe it was the rain, his car could have broken down, maybe he was fired, maybe he got into a fight with his family, maybe he broke up with his girlfriend, maybe he heard some bad news, or maybe it was just a bad day.

Sadie could relate. She had her share of bad days and knew that the feeling that lingered afterward was the worst.