six

"I don't even know his name," Sadie mumbled to herself as she shelved cans of different vegetables

Sadie hadn't really even thought about asking him for his name since he didn't ask hers. She guessed that she would continue calling him the rude hot guy.

"Sadie, register 9. Sadie, register 9," she heard over the loudspeaker. She sighed as she got up from her spot on the floor and walked over to the registers while pushing the shopping cart with the rest of the cans inside.

"We're very busy today so I need you checking out, I'll send someone to finish shelving," her manager said.

"Okay," she agreed as she signed in and turned her light on. Customers started forming a line at her register and she quickly started scanning items.

The line seemed to never end. There was an endless amount of people shopping today and she didn't get to rest until her day was over. She clocked out and made her way over to the exit.

"Hey," her co-worker and frankly her only friend said.

"Hey Claire," Sadie replied as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"So who was that guy you left with yesterday?"

"Hmm?" Sadie pretended to not know who she was talking about, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, text me," she said as she walked the opposite way as Sadie.

Sadie scrolled through her Facebook newsfeed looking at posts from previous friends and family that she hadn't spoken to in months. Just as she reached her car she let a loud sigh out and looked around for any signs of the rude hot guy.

She decided to continue making her way home after not seeing him and got into her car then drove home.

Upon entering her apartment she threw herself on her sofa letting her legs hang from the sofa's arms as she grabbed the remote and turned the TV on.

She scrolled through the movie channels until she found a movie that seemed worth watching.

While she watched she ran her hands through her hair, twisting a few strands with her first finger before letting go.

Her phone began ringing and she picked it up from her stomach to look at the caller ID.

'Mother' appeared on her screen and she hesitated but ended up answering.

"Hello."

"Sadie, I haven't heard from you in almost a week, how are you? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She asked.

"No mom I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking though," Sadie answered.

"How's work?" Her mom tried making conversation but Sadie was uninterested.

"Good," Sadie replied.

"Can I come over someday? I'm dying to check out your place," her mom said.

"I don't think that's a good idea... It's far away and you have work. Besides, I sent you pictures," She said.

"Well, maybe pictures aren't enough. Maybe I want to hug my daughter for once," her mom protested.

"I'll see when I can come over, for now, don't worry about me, I'm fine," Sadie said.

"Have you talked to your dad?"

"Nope, his number is disconnected," Sadie said as she yawned.

"I'll try finding his new number."

"There's no need mom, I don't want to talk to him anyways," Sadie explained, "But listen I'm in the middle of something so can I call you back later?"

"Yeah sure. Take care and if you need anything don't hesitate to call," her mom said with a worried tone in her voice.

"I will, bye mom," Sadie hung up, throwing her phone back on her stomach before she redirected her attention to the TV screen.

After she finished the movie she got up and walked to the kitchen craving breakfast for dinner. She got her waffle machine out and decided on making waffles.

While she sat and ate at the kitchen counter she played music and sang along, one of her favorite things to do.

Like every other day, she finished eating and got ready for bed.