eleven

It wasn't a normal day

Sadie didn't get up at the usual time.

She didn't get ready for work, didn't make breakfast and definitely wasn't on her way to work when she should've been.

It was 7:39AM when she finally woke up after her alarm had been going off for almost two hours. The minute she looked over at her alarm clock she shot up, jumping to her feet to get ready. After taking a step towards the bathroom, her slight went blurry.

The room turned dark, white dots appeared amongst the furniture in the room, then a ringing noise filled her ears while her head began pounding and before she could make it back to the bed, she fell down to her knees.

Everything went black for a couple of seconds as she rested her head against the mattress. After she felt her heart rate go back to the norm, she lifted herself up onto the bed and sat down with her eyes closed for a little while.

Once two minutes passed she got back up. Every step she took felt like she was stepping onto a boat, the ground felt like it was moving as if waves of water were shaking her. Just as she was about to fall she took another step and managed to reach the wall to lean against.

There was no way she could make it to the bathroom, change then make it to work, not in time and definitely not safely. She sat down on the floor, trying to relax so she could walk back to her phone and call in sick.

A few minutes and several attempts to get to the phone later, she dialed to her manager and explained that she wasn't feeling well. She laid back down on the bed and slept for a while in hopes that the lightheadedness would go away.

It took her a few hours to wake back up and when she did, she finally felt better. Sadie thought to herself that eating would help so she carefully-while leaning against the wall-made it to her kitchen. She prepared chicken noodle soup, poured some into a bowl and sat down to eat it.

As she ate the soup, letting the warm liquid run down her throat, she felt the lightheadedness go away. She grabbed a class from the cabinet and filled it up with water, chugging most of it down before placing the dirty dishes in the sink. Sadie was too tired to wash the dishes so she left them in the sink to wash later.

Carefully, step by step, she made her way to the couch where she laid down amongst her many pillows, with the remote control in her hand and her mauve throw over her legs. It didn't take more than five minutes for her to drift into a deep sleep again.

About five hours later, when Sadie woke up again, she was taken aback by her thoughts of Jason. Not only had she woken up thinking about him, she had dreamt about him too.

In her dream, she walked beside Jason on the green grass, her hand in his as their fingers intertwined. She remembered hearing him telling her how grateful he was to have her in his life. While they walked, they began approaching the soothing sounds of a guitar playing. Someone was sitting beside a tree with a guitar in front of him as he played and sang a song he had seemed to have written himself.

Sadie turned to look at Jason and smiled once he gave her a reassuring nod. Her arms rested around his neck as his hands held onto her waist, his fingers resting on her back. They swayed to the music dancing in this position until Sadie's arms gave up and her head rested on his shoulder.

Her dream ended before she got to experience a kiss. Even if it was just a dream she would have given anything to feel a kiss from him.

Jason seemed like the guy to make the first move but Sadie thought that if he didn't make a move sooner or later, she would have to. Although he constantly said he had no interest in her, his actions told her otherwise. For example, the way he looked at her, how his pupils dilated the instant she stepped out of the sliding doors and turned towards him after work. Or the stare he gave her as he analyzed every single feature on her face, beginning with her long lashes to her hazel brown eyes, followed by her small nose, the freckles on her cheeks and her plump lips that always rocked a different colored liquid lipstick.

His eyes are what captivated her the most. They were a honey brown color in the sun but while he stared into hers, they became dark and condescending. Sure that wasn't such a great thing but the fact that he looked so intensely at her, with so much lust, made her wonder what thoughts ran through his mind.

People usually never got to see his eyes given that his head was usually down and that he was always wearing his hood, but she managed to be one of the few who got to look into his eyes.

She remembered looking deep enough into them and noticing the expression on his face change from cocky to soft. It's like he was ready to say something more than smart remarks; like he wanted to actually talk about himself.

Sadie snapped out of her thoughts and ran a hand through her hair, rubbing her eyes as she stretched her arms and legs out. She felt better than before. At least her vision wasn't blurry anymore and she was able to get up without falling down. She made herself some tea and sat back down on the couch to watch TV.

Even after she tried concentrating on the show she was watching, her mind took her back to Jason and she couldn't help but wonder if he was thinking about her. A part of her hoped that he would be worried when he saw that she wasn't at work today but knowing him, he probably didn't even care.

For dinner Sadie made some pasta and sat alone at the dinner table, like usual, eating in silence. After she finished she washed all of the dishes and headed back upstairs for a bath.

As she sat on the edge of the tub in a robe, gliding her hand across the water to feel its temperature, she looked out the window into the park below. For a split second she thought she saw Jason's messy hair but as soon as she got closer to the window the man pulled a hood over his head and walked away.

She sat back on the edge of the tub waiting for it to fill up before taking her robe off and stepping in. She reached for the bath bomb on the counter and slowly placed it in the water, watching as it dissolved and turned the water pink with a hint of blue. After sitting for a while, feeling the warmness of the water and it's steam consume her, she scrubbed her body down looking at the new bruises that had appeared on her legs from when she took a hit to the ground earlier that day. There was nothing more relaxing to her than sitting in a warm bath.

🥀🥀🥀