nine

Sadie's day started off like any other

Sadie's day started off like any other. Waking up, breakfast, work, lunch, more work and finally time to go home.

As she got to her car and began getting inside, she found a piece of paper waving with the wind under her windshield wiper. She looked around for whoever might have put it there before getting out of the car and pulling it out.

The note read:

Meet me at the park at 6PM
Jason

She smiled at the note as she got in her car, staring out into the distance in silence. There were so many thoughts crossing through her mind when she thought about him, but specifically, she thought about whether she should really be interacting with a drug dealer she knew nothing about.

While all her senses and her gut told her no, she said yes. He was hot to look at anyways. Plus she didn't have anything to lose.

She checked her watch on her wrist reading, 4:15PM and decided to go home and change out of her work clothes. As soon as she got home she took a shower and then got dressed in some jeans, a black shirt, and a cardigan.

It was now 5:33PM so she walked back down, exiting her apartment building and heading towards the streetlight. She patiently waited for it to be okay to cross before she crossed, looking down the walkway, searching for Jason.

To her surprise, she smiled as soon as she saw him pacing back and forth next to the bench she sat at the last time she saw him there.

She walked closer until he noticed her and stopped pacing. "Hey," she said.

"Hey," he replied.

"You're early, how long have you been here?" she asked.

"Couple of minutes. Thought you wouldn't come," he said.

"Of course I would. Wouldn't leave my new friend waiting," she said with a cheesy smile.

He laughed as they began walking side by side.

"Why are you being nice to me now?" she asked.

"Like you said, we're friends."

"Oh so you're only mean to strangers?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"Isn't everyone? I mean you're not going to be nice and kiss a strangers ass will you?" he asked.

"Well no, but I'm not going to be rude and give them a bad first impression of me," she said.

"I could give less than two fucks about someone's first impression of me," he bluntly replied.

"No wonder you have no friends," she almost whispered.

"I'm not trying to have friends. Look at you, you kiss ass and look where that's gotten you," he said.

She stopped walking, letting him continue until he noticed she wasn't by his side. He turned and looked at her in confusion.