10: That Person from the Past

*-*-*-*

I grumbled. This is just great. My Dorm form-teacher had called me to her office, saying that it was 'urgent'. Truth is, I was immediately handed a slip of paper when I stepped into her workspace. It contained Aomine's previous exam marks, and they were all just... unbelievable.

Barely alive. Some even dead.

Ahomine Daiki.

His best marks were Chemistry, in which he got a 68, and coincidentally, it seemed to be my worst subject.

And my highest subject, Literature, was the subject that he flunked terribly. Too much of a coincidence, right?

So, the teacher came into a conclusion:

That Aomine would tutor me Chemistry while I, Literature. For her, it would be a 'give-and-take' situation.

But for me, it would be hell. Can't I get time away from him?

Definitely a no way.

I love you too, Mother of Fate.

And because I'm in the same room as him, it's even better. But luckily, the teacher told us to study somewhere else.

And when, you ask?

After School on Thursdays. She had requested for the principal, aka my father, to excuse us a place in the library as an exception. Of course he would permit. I don't know what is wrong with him, immediately approving every activities that involved Aomine and I. Neither of us could skip, cause she would add Demerit Points to our Dorm. And with the both of us unwillingly, we had to actually come. She would be welcoming us at the front door.

Just when I thought I was finally looking forward to school after being discharged. See, my intuition are always right.

Here goes my life in hell.

*-*-*-*

"Yo, Kise." I greeted, and sat on a chair beside him, while placing my bag onto the other stool beside me. It was Lunch, but the queue was long, so I had to make do without food for a while, until those lines of people shorten significantly.

"Hey there, Kaecchi," he looked up from his papers, greeting me briefly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, taking a peek at his papers. Kise ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"It's Biology. I can't seem to get the equations right." He breathed out, calming himself down.

"Why don't you eat? Maybe you could use some energy." I suggested.

"Says the one who won't eat herself." He stood up, sticking his tongue out at me. "You want anything?"

I shot him a mock-scowl and rummaged through my bag for my purse, and when I was about to hand him money, he declined with an amused smile. "My treat. Only vending machines after all." Oh that sneaky brat. Waiting for me to find my purse and then saying it was your treat.

"Hm.. Then I'll get a meatbun, Pocari Sweat and a cup of diced watermelon," I ordered 'sophisticatedly', pretending that he was my waiter. He seemed to get my signal, bowed slightly like how waiters should in response, and off he went. Trying to pass my time while waiting for him, I looked over at Kise's papers. Maybe I'll just do some work for him, then.

I was halfway through three equations when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I whipped out my phone and opened the message, curiosity in my bones. When I finally did, said curiosity turned to dread.