19: Challenge Accepted

*-*-*-*

The days were passing by so quickly that when I blinked my eyes it's a week before Autumn Vacation, meaning that it's a week until the three-day two-night stay on the town two hours away from our Academy.

And no matter how much I want to, I have to go.

Just because.

However, most of the people in the Dark Blues were elated to go, practically squealing and squirming and giggling. Whenever I walk past them, there would always be in hushed whispers relating to the event. Either they were whispering about what kind of clothes to bring, or what type of activities there will be there whether will they be out to play in the sand. But most of all, how they were free to move about without the supervision of adults.

I had to refrain myself from cringing. Every single time.

When I pushed open the door to my room, I was partially surprised(with the other being disheartened) to see Aomine having a duffel bag open, half of it full with clothes. He was folding his clothes.

He was packing.

Packing.

Aomine packs.

He looked up to see who was at the door, and just stared at me blankly when I was there.

"... What?" I was the first one to break the silence, looking at him cautiously.

"Nothing." He resumed packing.

"Why are you packing?"

"Why are you not?"

"Because I don't wanna go."

"You should."

"Why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

"Stop parroting my questions and manipulating them!"

"I do what I want."

I was practically seething inside, but I managed to keep my calm on the outside. I shut the door and huffed, bouncing on my bed.

"You should. Unless you want to be the only one here? Everybody was practically bouncing in their seats to go. Some were even praying that time would go fast."

"So? Those are so me."

"But you should."

"Incorrigible." I murmured.

"I hear you." He remarked. "And I looked up that word you know."

"No kidding!" I sat up straight immediately, staring at him wide-eyed. "You put effort in looking up big words?"

"Shut the hell up!" He grumbled. "Anyways, it meant that I can't be corrected."

"True."

"But I'm not!"

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.

He growled. "What was that?"

"I double dare you." I squinted my eyes challengingly.

"Challenge accepted."

So needless to say, Aomine took the challenge. It was highly amusing, being that he's the most lazy person I know, but nevertheless, I kept a straight face on.

We were now walking side by side, me silently chuckling to every of his twitch to reply every of my purposefully-made sarcastic remark. He opened his mouth and closed it again, making him look like a fish.