28: An Intimate Moment shared

"Here's your room!" I practically exclaimed as I pushed the oak door open, revealing a fairly simple room. The walls were painted sandy yellow, the ceiling was white. A large bed was pushed to the side, just below the huge window that covers half of the room.

The curtains were royal blue, tied to the side. A book case filled with encyclopedias was on the other side, next to the dressing table. Beside it was a door, which leads to the walk-in closet.

In front of the bed was a full length mirror, and beside it was the door to the toilet.

Simple, yet cozy.

"So... This is it?" Aomine asked. I nodded. I wasn't really satisfied with his expression, but sometimes you just can't set your expectations too high.

"Hey, you don't like it?" I asked, a little curious. My voice must've had some dejectedness, since an expression passed his face for a fraction of a second before it came to a neutral face. He let it slip.

"Where's your room?" He asked back, his voice sounding sincere, but I can't help but see through him. I realised that he was trying to change the topic and not make me feel dejected, so I replaced my slightly frowning feature with a smile of my own.

Grabbing his hand, I tugged on his wrist, leading him out of his room and walked down the hallway. Third door to the end, there was my room.

I turned the cold doorknob, entering my private place. This is where I locked myself up, after hearing the news about my mother's death. I cried and cried for weeks, only to go down and pick up my food. The nostalgia hit me, and an unconscious smile slid onto my lips.

Aomine looked around. "Nice.." He whistled. When he actually opened his mouth to say another thing, someone interrupted us.

"Kaede?"

I leaned back, seeing the oh-so-familiar guy standing a few feet from me. With his blond hair tousled over his lightly tanned skin and his green eyes as bright as the leaves, he looked really young for someone aged twenty-five.

A look of recognition passed my face, before I ran up and into his arms. "Steven!" I saw a flash of emotion in his eyes, and I managed to figure it out before he masked it with a smile.

Hatred..? Revenge...?

"Hey, you're back." He said softly, running a hand through my hair. "And, who is he..?"

"My room mate."

"My girlfriend." We both said simultaneously.

"What?" I looked at him, but he just returned my gaze with a stare.

"Oh." Steven said awkwardly. "I see." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Where were you? You didn't greet me like you always did." I said, a bit dejected.

"I... Uh... I was planning something for you at the basement. You came back quite early for Autumn."

"Well, Father had to meet with the Grandies, so I came back with him at one go."

I nicknamed them as "the Grandies" because just saying their relation with me just boils my blood.

"Ah... I see. Anyways, I just came to actually inform you both that Lunch's ready."

"Oh, let's go." I ushered Aomine, but he just walked passed the both of us.

"Not hungry." The two words shattered my heart a little, but I managed to not let it show. After a few moments, I heard a faint sound of door closing, and I let out the sigh that I have been holding all along.