14: Getting to know him better

A/N: Special thanks to kurokonotext for estimating the number of burgers Kagami eats! Check out their Tumblr!

And an early chapter for you all! Thank you for making this book up by another thousand in less than a week! Don't worry, I'll still post a chapter on the day itself!

Vote and Comment, please~

*-*-*-*

14: Getting to know him better

*-*-*-*

"And that's just about it. You read through the whole passage again, and answer these questions."

For the first time, Aomine didn't even attempt to sleep or anything. He focused, his eyes on the book all the time. He gave a stiff nod when he understood the detailed explanations I gave. We were done with our tutoring session for today, and were wrapping it all up. I was about to sling my bag over my shoulder when a small voice spoke timidly behind me.

"Uh... Kaede...?" Both of our heads turned, and I adjusted my grip onto the strap of my sling bag.

"That I am. How may I help you?" I asked with politeness, keeping my voice firm and professional(how I think it is) despite the curiosity bubbling inside me. Who is she, and how does she know me?

"U-Um..." A girl with a mere height of 162 centimeters stood in front of us. Her tied brown hair held a natural color, with a little bit of dye at the end. Her chocolate brown eyes shifted from me to Aomine, and back to me. She glanced down, looking utterly nervous. "C-Can... Can I talk to you for a second... In private?"

"Oh... Sure." I gave her a smile, pushing back the chair I sat under the table. Aomine did the same, and I gave him a very stiff nod. Feeling that his presence was gone when he walked away, I gently took the girl's hand in mine, making her look up. I studied her features closely.

"I-I'm Kumiko." She introduced herself, squeezing my hand slightly. I smiled.

"And I'm Kaede." I said. Then chuckled. "You probably know me. About that... What's the matter?"

"W-Well.. I... I need your help!" She whispered, looking from left to right, making sure that not a soul was looking at or hearing us. When there wasn't, she continued. "Well.. I particularly liked this guy... A-And I heard that you were good at giving advice and such!"

"Oh. Thank you." I smiled politely. "Well, I need his name then." I quirked an eyebrow. What the... Since when? Wait, was it between Julia and one of the Seniors? Oh yeah. Those kinds. But that was when I gave her advice on the do's and don'ts out of instinct!

"Kagami... Taiga.." The name rolled off her lips, and I blinked. Thrice. Kagami... As in the red-haired basketball ace? That Kagami? Oh my...

"This will be pretty tough you know. I'm not that close to him, as well as how the rumors circling around. Do you want me to talk to him and get to know him better first? Then I'll give you the advice, or some tips if you want. I can, but it'll be longer, though."

"Oh! That's okay! Thank you!" Her face lit up into a bright smile, and at that moment, I could see how beautiful she was. Despite the brown hair and eyes that looked nothing out the ordinary, she still gave off some glow of beauty and elegance. Envy creeped through me, but I shook it away.

"Oh, your dorm, Kumiko?" I asked.

"I'm a Purplette."

"That's perfect. The Devils and the Purplettes isn't that much of a distance away! You might have a chance of ogling him, eh?" I gave her the wink-wink, nudge-nudge action.