2. Christmas Break

Prologue:

It was Christmas break and you and Ethan always went to see the lights at your local park on Christmas Eve. Your mom and Ethan's mom have been bugging you two to get together for some time now and it was your senior year before Ethan moved to LA. You were to stay in Maine to pursue your career so you only had so much time left to tell him you've been crushing on him.

Y/N POV

You were sitting on the couch in front of the Christmas tree waiting for Ethan to come pick you up so you guys could go to the light show together. It kind of felt like a little date but you knew Ethan wasn't that interested in you, he had a girlfriend for some time now and she was always jealous when you and Ethan hung out together. Suddenly your phone lit up and you saw it was a message from Ethan.

Blue boy ❤️: Hey cmon slow poke I've been waiting out here for forever xp 

Me: I'm coming loser :p 

You got off the couch and grabbed your black buttoned coat and purse just Incase they were selling hot chocolate and Ethan were to forget his wallet. 

You opened up the door to see Ethan leaning against the hood of his black Honda Civic. It was nothing special but boy did he love it, you weren't even allowed to eat in it without him having a mini heart attack with all the crumbs he would have nightmares about. "There's my favorite blue haired boy." You said to him as he got up and hopped into the drivers seat without saying a word and only giving a slight smirk.

You got in the car on the other side without saying another word, something didn't seem right with Ethan, he normally would respond with some sarcastic comment or give me an unecessary flirtatious comment. Something was up. "Hey are you okay?" You asked, looking over to him as he turned the key to turn on the car.

 " No I'm not okay, Emily broke up with me this morning and I don't really feel like doing anything right now but I didn't want to break our tradition." He replied, no sign of excitement in his voice, only monotone.

"I'm so sorry." You replied shyly.

"Yeah so let's just get this over with." He said in a stern manner. He must have been pretty upset because this was usually something he really enjoyed.

The rest of the car ride there we sat in complete silence.

*Time skip*

Ethan's POV

We had finally arrived at the park and all around me all I could see were happy couples holding on to one another, smiling and kissing and relieving each other of their problems. I glanced over at Y/N and it seemed my upset attitude was making her uncomfortable but it's hard trying to push my feelings out of the way since it was still fresh but I had to do it for her. 

She was worth it.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso and pull me in tight. Looking down at the sudden action, it was Y/N and her head was nuzzled into my stomach. "I understand you're hurting but just know I'm here" She said.  I felt sudden butterflies in my stomach as I heard the words pour out of her mouth. Why be heart broken when I have someone who cares so much about me already?

"Thank you" I replied as I kissed her forehead. I didn't realize what I had done until Y/N looked up at me with confusion. It had been something I always wanted to do but I didn't realize how much I cared for her until this moment. 

"Can I ask you something Y/N?" I questioned while looking into her beautiful eyes. "Sure" She replied. "Can I hold your hand while we walk?" I asked, I could feel my hands getting sweatier from how nervous I was for her response. Knowing she wouldn't want to hold a sweaty hand, I quickly wiped my hands on my pants trying to dry them nonchalantly. 

"I'd love to Mr.Nestor" she replied, smiling up at me and opened up her hand motioning for me to take it.

*Time skip*

Y/N POV

It was 10pm and it was almost time for you two to leave and you were still holding Ethan's hand, his personality seemed to show more and more as the night went on, it was as if he forgot the breakup entirely. "I'm glad you're feeling better." You said as you watched Ethan look awingly at the lights above you. 

Ethan eventually stopped walking and let go of your hand, he turned around and his smile had suddenly dropped to a frown. "What's wrong?" You asked disconcertingly. "I just realized you're the only girl I've ever wanted." He replied. You're heart began to beat faster at the sudden words he was spontaneously spitting out of his prepubescent mouth.

"Wh-what do y-you mean?" You asked. You stepped towards Ethan and your eyes widened. What was he talking about? He was moving to LA in the next couple of months due to his YouTube channel taking off and being in a relationship together just didn't seem right.

"Y/N I never realized how much I actually liked you until just now. Why I continue to see you in between classes and demand to come to your house when you're upset or even when I canceled on Emily to hangout with you when you were having painful cramps. You're the fucking girl of my dreams and there's no one I want more than you. I know this seems so sudden but I-" 

Right before he finished his sentence you ran up to him and kissed him. This is what youve wanted to hear ever since you both were in middle school. You wanted the cute little nerd you had grown to love, he was absolutely perfect in every single way and he actually wanted you back. It felt amazing to finally be able to kiss him.

Ethan's POV

I couldn't believe what was happening, Y/N was kissing me and it made me feel so alive inside and it was everything I wanted. When we finally unlocked lips, a huge smile formed on my face and a rush of dopamine hit my brain instantly. "Will you come to LA with me?" I asked hesitantly as I gripped her hands and continued to look down at the ground. 

"I don't know, my entire family is here in Maine" she replied. I could tell she wanted nothing more than to get up and leave with me but I knew she wasn't ready. "Y/N I need you." I begged, giving her my puppy dog face that I knew she always gave in to.

"You're lucky you're cute" She replied, annoyed that she had already given in.

"This has been the best Christmas Eve ever!" I yelled into the oblivion and looked back down at Y/N and kissed her.

"Even better with now you being my boyfriend and all" She nonchalantly added. With complete shock I turned to her and kissed her lips instantly. 

I couldn't believe Y/N was finally mine.