11. Protective

You've been living with your boyfriend Ethan for about one year now and things were great. Occasionally he would get jealous if a guy would come over and flirt with you whenever you two went to get coffee, which happened more often than not, but he was never violent about it. 

This week though, Ethan's close friend Tyler is spending the next two weeks out in LA with you two. He was planning on moving out here soon, but wanted to explore the area first before making any final decisions. His company was always welcome so him staying with us want too big of a problem. 

Ethan was a heavy sleeper so Tyler and You had been sitting downstairs on the couch just watching YouTube and talking about life while Ethan slept. You and Tyler were comfortable with each other since you had been friends for so long so space wasn't really an issue between you two. 

Tyler was sat closely next to you so that the one side of his body was completely touching yours. You heard the sound of footsteps coming from the hallway and figured it must've been Ethan. As he appeared from the end of the hallway, he rustled his hair and rubbed his eyes. Looking around you saw his sudden tired face suddenly form into an angry glare as he looked at Tyler with his arm now over your shoulder. "Morning babe." You said, trying to break the tension in the room.

"Morning Y/N." Ethan replied. You could tell how angry he was at the current situation because he only said your name when he was angry. 

You got up from the couch and out of Tyler's grasp to walk over and talk with Ethan about his current attitude. He was in the middle of making himself an egg and you leaned yourself on the marble counter so that you now were across from him. 

"Why do you have to get so jealous? You know I love you." You questioned as you watched his temper get worse.

"Are you kidding me! My best friend has been flirting with my girlfriend for the past week. Of course I'm jealous!" He yelled as he stared directly at Tyler who now was getting up to get in between the two of us.

"I'm not flirting with your girlfriend, we're friends." Tyler tried explaining to Ethan, but he knew he wasn't having it. He was way to angry now to think rationally of the situation. 

"If you even lay one hand on her Tyler I swear I will break you in an instant!" Ethan yelled, his eyes blazing with hatred and hands, now clenching fists. 

"You two are ridiculous, I'll be upstairs if you need me." You said, leaving Tyler and Ethan to glare at each other silently. 

"I'll follow." Ethan said finishing up his egg he had finished cooking just minutes ago. 

As you left to go upstairs, you heard Ethan's quiet footsteps follow along behind you. You guessed Tyler had chosen to stay downstairs and keep himself out of whatever was about to go down between the two of you.

Reaching the top of the stairs, you walked into the room Ethan and you two shared and decided to change into one of Ethan's merch sweatshirts and a pair of black leggings. Ethan walked in from behind you, closed the door and sat himself on the bed you two shared. He stared at you angrily but at the same time with love and patience, his eyes gazing at your body as you changed in front of him. 

"What?" You asked, not really paying attention to how long he had been staring. You two changed in front of each other all the time so this wasn't all that different.

"I don't know, I just hate seeing Tyler be all flirtatious with you. He shouldn't get to see what I do." Ethan said, his voice more relaxed and body less tensed. He slumped his head as he reached his hands for yours and you grabbed it in an attempt to comfort him.

"I don't like Tyler, I love you." You said while placing your body on top of him so you were now straddling his lap and your faces close together. 

"I love you too." Ethan replied and leaned his head in, kissing you gently on the lips. You smiled lovingly at the blue haired boy once you both pulled away.