16. Wisdom Teeth

In honor of me getting my wisdom teeth out yesterday, I thought it would be kind of funny if I wrote one on Ethan getting his out and being on anesthesia. Yes I promise it will be cute.

Ethan's POV

Y/N and I had been friends for a couple years now and were going closer from helping Mark film his videos. She was the kindest and cutest person I knew but I could never muster up the courage to tell her that. What made it even worse was I was pretty sure she had a crush on Tyler who was ten times stronger than me and also had a lot more confidence. I was just a small nervous teenage boy that fell head over heels for her. I had told Amy about my innocent crush and she just 'Awwwed' and told me to go for it but it was definitely easier said than done.

Today I was getting my wisdom teeth out and I had asked Y/N to come with and film the whole thing for my YouTube channel. It was sure to get a lot of views and would be a lot easier to edit than my gaming videos which I was stressed and piling up unedited videos for.

I looked over at Y/N, she had seemed to lose all interest of the outside world and focused her eyes on the road. It was always so cute when she was focused. Her tiny nose would scrunch up and and she leaned herself forward closer to the steering wheel. Lost in the trance I was in from seeing her gorgeous face, she seemed to have gotten out of the trance and glanced over and smiled at me. Her H/C was neatly brushed and placed perfectly around her face and I couldn't help but be mesmorized by her E/C eyes. There was something so enchanting about them.

"What are you staring at baby blue?" She asked, giggling to herself as I must have looked like a complete idiot.

"N-nothing just happy you're able to drive me to the surgeon. It's really nice of you." I managed myself to spit out. I don't know why I was always so nervous around her. She had been my friends for years but the butterflies in my stomach weren't really making me any more calm.

"Anything for you." She replied and leaned back into her seat.

We sat in silence for a couple moments before I asked, "Are we almost there?" The butterflies weren't the only thing I was nervous about. I had never gotten surgery before so this was pretty nerve wracking to say the least.

"We have about 10 more minutes and then we should be there." She smiled as she continued looking onto the road, her eyes focused again.

"Okay...sweet.." I replied, sinking myself I into the seat with my arms crossed over my chest. I was so nervous but I couldn't let Y/N notice although I'm pretty sure she already has.

*Time skip*

Y/N POV

Ethan and I have been sitting in the uncomfortable and dull waiting room for about 10 minutes and with every minute that passed I could tell he was getting more and more nervous. He sat beside me, gripping the arms of the wooden chair and stared directly at the ground and also tapping his feet.

"Hey you're gonna be okay, it's not as scary as you think." I tried to reassure him. It didn't seem to work so I rested my hand on top of his and began running my hand along his going back and forth. I saw his shoulders relax down, his feet had now stopped tapping and instead of looking down at the floor, he looked over to me, giving me his big goofy smile that I loved the most.

"Thank you. I'm sorry I've just never had surgery before so I keep  running all the terrible things that can happen through my head."  He replied as he placed his other hand on top of mine.

"I know but you're going to be okay and if you need me to, I can head back there with you at least until you get the IV in." I said trying to comfort him or at least give him a tiny bit of relief.