25. High School

You guys have been giving me so much love and support for both this story and my new one that I just have to keep writing. I appreciate all of you so much!

Y/N

"Hey by any chance Y/N do you have the math homework from yesterday?" I heard my best friend Ethan Nestor say as he rested his body against my locker before I could open it.

"This is the third time this week! I should start charging you." I sassed as I proceeded to open my locker, retrieve his request and handed it to him.

"You know I don't have any time with videos! My job is pushing me into over time now and my grades are slipping." He pleaded as he clasped his hands together and knelt onto one knee, practically begging for his success.

"Fine." I confided into his plead and gave him my homework despite my annoyance.

"Thank you so much Y/N! You're a life saver." He yelled out of excitement so the entire hallway could hear him.

"Yeah yeah." I replied rolling my eyes.

I watched as Ethan slid my hours of work into his book bag to be crumpled up and given to me later. I wasn't even sure why I kept helping him, he never really got any better at turning work in on time and always made his YouTube channel a priority which I wasn't angry at but it bothered me that he wouldn't let me watch them.

"Hey babe." Ethan's girlfriend Taylor said walking up behind him to give him a gentle kiss on the cheek. She wore a tight fit black dress with wedges and her hair was curled to perfection, it made me sick just looking at how beautiful she was. Ethan and her had only been dating a little under a month and we didn't hangout much anymore which filled me with jealousy knowing how much time she got with him.

"Oh, hey Taylor." Ethan stuttered looking her up and down before glancing back at me to say goodbye as Taylor had begun tugging on his arm.

"Ill see you in class." I snapped, slamming my locker door shut and heading the opposite direction of the couple that seemed miserable but unbelievably happy at the same time. I couldn't bring myself to look back to see if Ethan was watching me leave or decided to willingly go along with his girlfriend but I could feel my heart sink at the thought of him forgetting me entirely.

*Time skip*

"Alright class turn to page 323 in your textbooks and begin working on the questions listed below." Our chemistry teacher spoke, he seemed more miserable than usual today.

"Yes!" Ethan whispered, we sat adjacent to each other so hearing him wasn't an issue.

"What is it this time?" I questioned leaning my head onto my head to only move my eyes towards Ethan's direction.

"I just hit 20,000 subscribers!" He whispered now leaning closer towards me afraid other people might hear us.

"Congrats!" I spoke excitedly, a pause of silence grew across the class as everyone stared directly at me. I quickly forced my head down in embarrassment and continued reading while Ethan shoved his phone into my face. "Have you told Taylor yet?"

"Not yet." The disappointment in his voice extremely prominent.

"Whats wrong?"

"I don't really wanna get into it." He spoke sadly as I could see Taylor's text messages coming through like rapid fire, all of them in capital letters. Ethan sat sadly just ignoring them and eventually turned his phone over to avoid it.

Time skip

Ethan and I were Skyping after school on upcoming plans for the summer but he seemed more distant and monotone about any topic I brought up. Taylor really messed him up.

"Do you just wanna call it a night?" I asked, there was nothing I wanted more than to help him but obviously his best friend couldn't cheer him up so his heart really was broken.

"No, I like talking to you." He said, half-assing a smile and slurring his words together as he stared intently into the other monitor left of him.

"Are you sure because I can go. Its okay." I replied warily. I couldn't believe the always cheerful blue boy was depressed as all hell with sagging eyes from the hours of crying and quiet voice from the emotional screaming.

"Just go, I'm used to it by now." With his last reply, my screen went black and a tear rolled itself down the roundness of my cheek and onto my keyboard.

"Ethan I'm so sorry." I croaked, my voice cracked and I felt the silence of the room suffocating me as I tore at my hair. My thoughts were running wild, who knew what kind of trouble he could be getting into tonight, he's emotionally unstable and needed my help but I only remained to be a nuisance just like always. I needed him.

I needed my baby blue boy.

Time Skip

I awoke in the early hours of the morning to glance over and see my phone vibrating almost off the table. Once lifting it up to see it was Ethan, I quickly pressed the green phone and held it up fast to my ear to which the boy spoke, "Y/N is it okay if I come over for a bit?" His voice was cracking with every syllable and my heart sank hearing his heart breaking. "Absolutely."

15 minutes later the front doorbell rang and I raced down the steps, flew open the door and there stood the heartbreak. His blue hair was pointing in all different directions, eyes bright red and hands trembling as he stood pale in my doorway. "You can come in." his movements were slow as he took his shoes off, staring blankly at the ground and handed me his pillow and blanket he had decided on bringing over. Whatever made him feel more comfortable I guess.

"Alright lets go." I whispered gently grabbing his wrist and helping his heavy soulless body up the stairs and into my bedroom.

Once in, he laid himself onto his usual side of the bed and I wrapped him in his blanket and lifted his head that was facing the wall, to shimmy his pillow under. I gently laid myself next to him and turned on the TV for any background noise to help get his mind off of things for a bit. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked trying to desperately end the awkward silence.

Without a response, he turned his body over to face me, tears falling down his eyes, face brunt red and mouth quivering about to release a loud cry. Before he could start sobbing, I wrapped my arm around him and held him close muffling his cries and gently running my fingers through his icy blue hair. "Ssssh you're okay. I'm here." I spoke, feeling my heart break with every whimper that released from his sweet voice.

Releasing his quivering body from my grasp, he looked up at me, the pain in his heart now painted on the outside and his eyes piercing through me like a bullet. Why did it have to be you? Of all the people to fall apart it had to be my best friend, who's soul is too pure for this world. "I need you." With the last of his words, his voice crumbled into the nape of my neck and eventually audited into nothing.

"Get some sleep babe." It flowed so effortlessly and my brain went into panic mode at what I had just said. His tears were soaking the shoulder of my sweatshirt and he seemed too focused on his breakup to notice the secret I had just released.

"Maybe one day." He finished, before drifting off into a deep slumber.