•Chapter Three•

"I...I cannot answer that. I'm sorry, Blaire- I mean, Miss Westman. I do not know why Erebus targeted your family; all I know is that he is sadistic and cruel. I am sorry that I can't be of more help to you on this."

Blaire wasn't used to being addressed by her surname, though it felt somewhat right coming from Agustino's lips. She had been raised to be polite, and that was what she would be. Perhaps he's not a shape shifter after all, she thought.

"Mr Agustino, I- may I call you Lucian? If you don't mind, that is."

"Yes, of course." Agustino nodded, waiting for her to proceed. "Go on, what is it you want to say?"

Blaire paused for a moment, setting her tea aside. Victoria, her pet bichon frise, jumped up onto her seat and snuggled into her owner, her wet snout sniffing her leg through her tights before giving Agustino a protective glance. Petting the fluff ball, Blaire focused her attention back on the light weaver.

"Yes, about your brother being cruel." Blaire began, continuing to stroke Victoria's soft, white fur. "Surely my family and I weren't meant to be like this. If you don't know why Lacrime chose us to be his next set of victims, then why are you here?" she raised a brow, growing slightly suspicious. "Are you part of his evil scheme?"

Agustino immediately shook his head, waving his hands in defense. "No, good God no! I do not agree with what he does, neither does Mother Nature."

Blaire let her dark brow fall, feeling herself ease at the words she heard. Mother Nature, a peaceful entity who was (as said in her name) the mother of all things that roamed the Earth, their one and only creator. "Mother Nature?"

"My younger sister, Brier Ela, the Weaver of Animals and Nature." Agustino answered, his mind painting a picture of his gracious sibling. "We don't condone what our brother does, and want nothing more than for his reign of darkness to come to an end. That is why, Miss Westman," he got to his feet, reaching into his golden pocket and producing a glass phial. "I wish for you to have this."

Blaire stood up, the glass being placed in her hand. "Bloody Hell...what on earth is this? I haven't seen anything like it before. Is it poison of some kind? You're not trying to poison me, are you, Lucian?"

The bubbling liquid in the bottle made Blaire all the more curious; though she had a feeling Agustino would not tell her what powers it held.

Agustino laughed, shaking his head again. "Heavens no, it will not cause harm to you in any shape or form. This little potion packs a very big punch, and it will help you put the curse to rest once and for all. Use it wisely; I don't have any more of these."

Blaire put the phial in her cupboard of 'bits and bobs' as she liked to call it, the possessions consisting of wooden crucifixes, pocket sized spell books, small glass bottles with cork tops and aged papers listing various incantations.

"Like grandfather like granddaughter, I see. Alfred kept things in safe places too, particularly his supernatural belongings. Though, that was only when the paranoia set in." Agustino put his hands behind his back, remembering a certain Westman of the past. "You're more like him than you know. You're a special kind of Westman, Blaire Veronica."

"If you're referring to Freddie and I-" Blaire closed the cupboard door, turning to face Agustino. "How do you know my middle name?"

The bright blond tapped the side of his nose, a smirk of playful mischief on his face. "I have my ways, my dear." he eyed the clock, knowing he had to take his leave. "I must go now, Miss Westman, it has been very good talking to you. I bid you goodnight."

Agustino blew a kiss, and magical sand trailed and curled from his palm, sending Blaire into a deep sleep despite her condition before she could protest. Right as she was about to fall to the floor, the Sandman took her in his arms and took her to her room, tucking her in the duvet and making sure she was snug.