•Chapter Twenty-One•

The Octave Mansion

The hall was decorated in gold and white, candles placed on matching holders giving light to the guests. Mr Song kept to the traditions of the special occasion, preferring the ways of old even if it was only for a night.

I hope I have made you proud, Mr Song thought about his parents, keeping his head held high as the thought of their pride kept him motivated to be the best host anyone had ever seen.

"Such beautiful decorations, Mr Song." Primrose complimented while she and the well-known lord linked arms, drinking a glass of fruit punch as an alternative to the champagne that was being served. "You have a marvellous eye for detail."

"My father was a tailor who married into my mother's lavish lifestyle, and although a rather an unusual desicion to make, decided on taking her surname upon marriage. Of course, that was their little secret." Mr Song explained, reminiscing over his children's paternal grandparents. "Despite what many people thought, my mother and father loved each other more than anything else in the whole world. A siren only loves once in their life, you see."

"How romantic." said Primrose, her heart fluttering at the thought. "I met my late husband at a ball like this, such a handsome man he was. I apologise, sir, you probably do not take to my rambling."

Mr Song smiled, patting Primrose hand. "You are a remarkable woman, Primrose. Your story of love makes me very happy indeed. With this occasion, I hope to bring people together and help them find their one true love. There is someone out there for everyone, and love is a matter we sirens take seriously. Most of the world's match makers are sirens, believe it or not."

Blaire was tempted by the collection of chocolate truffles that were layered on a glass stand to look like a tower, though after revealing what she had been through as a teenager had put her off the idea of attempting to enjoy herself. William saw this, and got on with using his charms to entertain the young lady.

"You look wonderful this evening, Miss Fletcher."

Oh dear God, Blaire thought to herself. I do not have time for men like him. Alright, lets get this over with.

"Is there someone else that you can pester? I am not in the mood to talk right now."

"Fiesty, aren't we, little dove?" William put his arm around her waist, using his index finger to lift her chin upwards so that she was eye to eye with him. "I like that. I like it a lot."

Blaire smirked, deciding going along with William's flirtatious actions before she would give him a piece of his own medicine. Knowing what to do, she traced the shape of an S on his chest and could sense his fifthly thoughts.

"Do you now? Why, I never would have thought you took to women of my type, my lord." she chuckled, manipulating her voice to sound seductively hoarse. "Though I should warn you,"

Blaire brought her lips to William's ear, whispering into it. "I bite."

Yes, this is working in my favour. Not long to go before i'm able to kick this dirty sod in the crown jewels.

"You are not the only one who can do so, Miss Fletcher." William said romantically. "I can make you writhe in pleasure, should we go somewhere more private, that is."

"Perhaps we can test that theory?" Blaire suggested, getting ready to strike. When the moment was right, she kicked him in his 'crown jewels' and left him in agonising pain.

"Sorry, love. I'm not some whore who will be tempted by you. It may have worked for the naive men and women you have seduced in the past, but not me. And I am not your 'little dove'."