•Chapter Nineteen•

"You have to listen to me," Blaire said, determined that she wasn't going to cry. "The man I see right now isn't the person his friends know."

You are not the man I know. The man that I know is good hearted, he is far from being this...this monstrosity!

"I am only stating the truth. Perhaps I should start calling you a blue-stocking." Westman pointed to her, his spirit being pushed further and further over the edge with every snide word he spoke, his inner self trying so desperately to fight back.

"All of these words are lies! You don't mean any of them! Fight...you have to fight, Alfred! Fight with everything you have!"

"If you call me a blue-stocking i'll call you a pillock." Blaire made it very clear, stern in tone. "Because that is what you are acting like, a bloody pillock!"

"Miss Fletcher!" Sophie was in shock, having never heard such language from a woman other than Hanna before. "Please watch your tongue! That is my friend you are speaking to!"

"I am only stating the truth, Miss Penderry." said Blaire, sounding more like her grandfather than she had intended to. "This man is not the man you know and care for, this vampiric devil is a shadow of what he could become, and it is up to him and him alone to fight. Whether he will stand up for himself is a desicion we cannot force on him."

"Vampiric devil?" Jim composed himself, the bones in his body cracking as he returned to his human form, having calmed down. "I have better words to say about him at times, though they sound much better in my head than they would aloud."

Jim kneeled by Blaire's side, knowing the right thing to do. "You have to listen to her, Freddie. You cannot let Lacrime take control, this behaviour from you is exactly what he wants. He cursed us to gain a rise out of us, and because of that we now see things in a new yet terrifying perspective. I understand that you have had trials and tribulations, who hasn't in a world like the one we live in? But this...I know the man struggling before me is not my best friend."

"He's right, you know. This is not what people are used to seeing of you, though I suppose even the strongest of minds can break." said Westman's inner conscience, trying to make him see sense.

"Anyone can break, Jim. I am no exception. I am broken, and so are you. We are like shards of glass, you and I. Our inner selves have been shattered, and only we can repair the damage we have caused upon our minds."

He is returning to us, his eyes are growing darker, Blaire thought. Look at what you have done to us, Lacrime. Look at everything you have done to us.

"That's right," Jim nodded, not wanting to believe the truth though his thoughts telling him that he had to accept it. He was a broken man, and anyone was capable of breaking when the right things were said. "We are going to stop this torment once and for all. We will get justice, that is a promise. We cannot let the longing feud between werewolves and vampires get in the way of our friendship, we must be stronger than that."

"I must admit I have never seen a vampire and a werewolf act the way you and Mr Westman do, Mr Penderry." Mr Song confessed, his hand moving to were his heart was. "Though if there is anything that I have learned about you both, is that you are able to defy the odds. You are fighting rather than caving in, and that, my boy, is very brave indeed."

"Bravery isn't the half of it, Mr Song." Westman said, eyes back to their original brown. "What happened? Jim, what in damnation happened to your clothes?"