•Chapter Thirteen•

"Your uncle is quite the fellow, isn't he?" Ollie said, looking around the laboratory in amazement. He remembered his science lessons at school as he saw the various bottled chemicals on the table, a hit of nostalgia taking over. "I always did like science."

"An aspiring scientist, Mr Mullen?" Jim smiled softly, at least someone seemed happy. "I did not picture you to be interested in such things. Please, don't take offence to that."

"None taken, Mr Penderry. It is true that I enjoy learning about chemical reactions and how they work, but I do not wish to pursue a hobby in that field of science."

Yes, there were many sub categories to science as Broom always said. Whilst he mainly specialised in the supernatural, he also dabbled in chemistry.

"What field do you wish to pursue, then?"

Ollie's face lit up, unable to wait to tell Jim his dream of a hobby. "If you mean the field I have already persued in my spare time, then I will tell you. I study plants, Mr Penderry. No matter how big or small, I want to study them all! Being in the outdoors and taking in new things, it is every aspiring botanist's dream! The fresh air every morning, the sights and sounds that come along with it, that's what I wish for!"

Jim admired Ollie's enthusiasm, it reminded him of when he was a man of happiness. "You remind me of my sister, Mr Mullen. She too studies plants, and is quite enthusiastic about it. Perhaps I should introduce you to her properly so that you may discuss your similar interests. I...I believe she needs a friend during this horrible time."

"I understand. It mustn't have been easy for you to lose your brother, you have my condolences."

Jim nodded, managing a small smile. "Thank you."

"Sorry about that," Blinks apologised as he re-entered the laboratory with Westman. "I had to discuss a private matter with Mr Westman."

"I am glad we have resolved the problem, Professor." Westman said, Blaire catching the lying glint in his eye. Communicating with him using her telepathy, she knew what had happened."

"You told him, didn't you? I take it he did not believe you?"

"Quite the opposite, actually. He seems more happy with the idea that his theory has proven itself to be true. Though I don't think he imagines supernatural forces are behind you and Oliver being here. Which reminds me, you still haven't told me how you both got here."

"I'll tell you later. For now we have to get James to believe us. Do you have any ideas?"

"I have one which I discussed with the professor. It is a risk we are going to have to take. You're going to have to ask Oliver to transform into his werewolf form."

Blaire thought about it, and knew it would be the only way to prove Ollie was part of the Penderry bloodline. Lacrime's seal was on his chest, visible to see when he wore no shirt.

"We can only try."

Blaire walked towards Ollie, speaking to him quietly. "I'm going to need you to transform. You have to prove to James that you are part of the Penderry bloodline. Freddie found out about my true identity sooner than I had planned, I have explained everything to him and for the most part he seems to believe it. Can you do this for me?"

Ollie nodded with an understanding smile. "Anything for you, B."

The blond was already used to the pain that came with transforming to the point were it didn't bother him. He focused on his wolf, picturing his white fur and strong structure.

Shall we?

His back rippled as he changed, his bones cracking as they formed into those of a canine. His shirt and trousers ripped and tore, Jim becoming forcibly fixated on the horrific sight as he stepped backwards, gripping the table when his back hit the wood, the surface informing him he had no were else to go.