•Epilogue•

"I can still remember that night as clear as day." Westman said, looking up at the crescent moon. "I am thankful that all of this madness has come to an end, though this memory will forever remain planted in my brain."

"I understand how you feel, Freddie." Blaire nodded, sitting next to Westman on the rooftop of an old abandoned brewery no one had visited in years. She glanced at the bottle of gin in her hands, offering the half empty bottle to Westman. "Would you like some?"

Westman noticed the bottle, taking it from Blaire's hands. "I did not think of you as the drinking type, Blaire. I myself do not usually drink, but perhaps since we have our freedom it would be appropriate to have one."

He brought the rim of the bottle to his lips and took three long gulps, coughing afterwards. "Ack! How do people drink this!? It tastes awful! Damnation..."

Blaire laughed, taking the bottle back and placing it to the side. "Gin is not my preferred drink, in fact I don't really drink at all. Out of consideration for Ollie's condition I do not drink alcohol, I don't wish to influence him."

"Of course." Westman nodded. He sighed, focusing on the cobbles below. "It was that very street were my life changed forever. Do you see it?"

Blaire looked down, scanning the street. "Yes, I do. I really am sorry for what happened to you, Freddie. If I had known I would have-"

Westman cupped her cheek, his other hand in hers. His thumb brushed over her knuckle and he brought his eyes to Blaire's. "I finally know who you remind me of."

Blaire raised her brow. "Pardon?"

Westman allowed himself to smile. "Sophie. You remind me of Sophie Penderry. I knew I had seen those lovely eyes somewhere before, and the light glow your cheeks have. Like the pink flush of sunset on snow, remarkable in every way."

Blaire teared up, her bottom lip quivering. She put her arms around him in a hug, burying her face into his chest. Westman was lost at first, though pulled her closer.

"Thank you." he heard Blaire say.

You are welcome, mea luna.

Jim and Ollie watched the two bond, with Jim playfully messing up Ollie's hair. He stood with open arms, inviting the other Penderry into a hug.

"Thank you for standing by my side, Oliver." he said, holding Ollie tight. "The world needs more people like you. If you can change yourself for the better, I am sure that I can too."

"I'm sure you can, Jim." Ollie agreed. "I'm sure you can."

There was only one wish that Westman and Jim had before Blaire and Ollie had to return to their time, and that was to solve a case with their relatives by their sides. As a reward for their efforts, Agustino had granted that wish and had also restored George's humanity with the help of Brier.

"There he is!" Blaire cried, she and Westman picking up their swords and jumping from the roof, causing the ground to crack when they landed on their feet.

"Evening, love." Blaire greeted the hoodlum. "Going somewhere?"

"Piss off, bitch!" the bearded man responded, earning a tut from Westman. "This has nothing to do with you!"

"Now is that any way to speak to a lady? Shame on you, for not learning any manners as a child." his finger travelled to the tip of his sword. "If I were to address someone like that, I would probably get a beating."

The two were joined by Jim, Ollie and Blinks who had been looking after the horses and the carriage before hand.

"I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you, mate." Blinks advised, he had gotten used to the new Alfred Westman. No longer was he a man who repressed his emotions or tongue, he felt how he wanted and said what he wanted.