Prologue

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, and welcome to the long awaited (not really) reboot of "Pokemon – Generation Bonnie" now retitled "Generation Z – Hoenn Alone". As you can probably guess, this is a story about one of my favourite characters, and no, it's not one of the main protagonists, but an important one nonetheless. The hero of this series will be Bonnie from Lumiose City!

I've been planning this out for a while. In fact, I've had an outline I've fiddled with since about April of last year. I know Lumiose University is still going, and I can be slow with updates, but I'm actually a little ahead with this one, and honestly, I need some variety. It's nice to get back into the adventure genre again, which is something I miss when it comes to Lumiose University (as well as the current version of the anime), so I hope you'll enjoy that about this story as well.

So, as mentioned before, this will be about Bonnie's adventure as a Pokemon trainer, and to begin with, she'll be going to Hoenn, as the title suggests. And, well, some things are going on in Hoenn as she prepares to get started on her journey. That is where our story begins. So sit back, relax, and I hope you enjoy the prologue to "Generation Z – Hoenn Alone".

Prologue:

It was cold. No, it was very cold. Courtney wasn't used to that, with all the work she'd done with Team Magma over the years. And experiencing such temperatures now was definitely not enjoyable. Of course...it was her job now. She didn't love her job, she didn't hate her job, she didn't really feel anything about her job, but it was a job, and she did make sure to do all tasks she was assigned with. Her coworkers were much the same, each of them fiercely loyal to their leader. It was more than she could say about working with Team Magma.

With Team Archaic, things were much different. Their leader was a hard, strict man, and knew how to get his subordinates to carry out his orders. Courtney could admit to being somewhat...distracted during her time with Team Magma, but with this organization, she was very much focused on the task at hand, and when she worked hard, she was rewarded for her efforts. Darwin was a leader she could respect, with a goal that could be achieved, even if she didn't much care for it.

"Agent Courtney," a voice spoke from the radio transceiver at her belt. "Agent Courtney, come in. Leader Darwin has a message for you. Over."

She smiled to herself, stepping back from the monument she'd been studying, the ice sculpture of the legendary titan Regice standing tall in front of her. They'd been here for days, searching Island Cave for this beast, this titan. Oh, Darwin was a fascinating leader to be sure. Courtney was sure, that in another life, she may very well have been interested in this quest. However, was it any different than Maxie? Was Darwin's search for yet another legendary Pokemon anything unique? Regice, Groudon...were they not different means to the same end?

"I am...here," she eventually spoke, her soft voice barely audible over the drilling in the distance as her fellow Archaic agents searched the cavern for Regice, or anything else that could be of use. "What is it...that our leader...wants? Over."

"We've sent Viktor out to meet you. We've found something, and he may need your help," the agent on the other end responded. "Over and out."

Courtney sighed, eyes drifting over the monument of Regice once more. "Oh dear...he's found something," she said to herself, ignoring the stares she received from a couple of the agents that were surveying the area near her, apparently about to dive into the small lake that was in this area of the cave. Their dirty brown suits with the reddish brown bones forming an 'A' on the front, now replaced with diving gear, the two agents appeared hesitant to go into the the water. As Courtney walked past them, she pushed them in, ignoring their gasps from hitting the cold water. "Return...when you have found...what he desires," she said quietly, not even knowing if they heard her. Sometimes, she preferred to speak for her own benefit.