Chapter 10: A Connection For Eons

Author's Note:

Here we are, back with Generation Z – Hoenn Alone! Been awhile for this story, but as I said with Lumiose University last week, I'm feeling more motivated than ever and I think I can get on a roll here. I'm really looking forward to what's in store for this story, so I can't wait to get to it. Hopefully you enjoy what's to come as well.

As for this chapter, it's a big one. Hope it's not too crazy for you.

Chapter 10: A Connection For Eons

When Bonnie saw the Petalburg Woods up ahead, she felt a rush of excitement, knowing that beyond those woods, would be the final route that led her towards her first gym battle. She may have been able to try challenging Norman, although according to May he generally required trainers to use three Pokemon, but Bonnie knew in her heart that it was worth the wait. Ash too had challenged the Rustboro Gym as his first in Hoenn, and Bonnie's Hoenn League rivals appeared to be heading that way as well. It was the perfect opportunity to get her feet wet as a trainer, and get some training in for her Pokemon.

She looked at her pokeball that contained her newly evolved Beautifly, smiling as she thought of taking on her first gym with it. Dedenne would always be her best friend, but having a Pokemon that she'd caught and trained on this very journey, without relying on Clemont, or Ash, or Serena...it was pretty exciting. The memory of Beautifly's heroic evolution played in her mind for what was probably the hundredth time since their group had set off from the site of the battle that morning. Beautifly was so strong. She really proved those bullies wrong.

Thinking of the group of bug types they'd met, Bonnie remembered the helpful Dustox that had actually been quite kind to Beautifly. It had seemed quite sad to see her go, but Bonnie knew that it had vowed to protect the group in her honour, and that no longer would the bullying she had gone through be accepted and suffered by any of the others. Bonnie had felt a bit guilty leaving with the new hero of the group, but they did seem to be in good hands...or wings...

"Bonnie...earth to Bonnie! Hellooo!"

Her head snapped up at the call, a confused look coming to her face as she noticed May and Clyde up ahead, nearing the edge of the Petalburg Woods. Rotom was with them, but appeared too distracted by some kind of movement in the bushes to care about Bonnie's whereabouts at the moment. May on the other hand, seemed to notice Bonnie was deep in thought, and patiently waited as the young trainer made her way over.

"Something on your mind?" the Coordinator asked, noticing Bonnie still holding Beautifly's pokeball. "Worried about Beautifly?"

Bonnie shook her head, although she wasn't too sure she knew what she was denying. Maybe she was worried about Beautifly. She supposed it was the rest of her kind they'd left behind she was worried about, although she hoped that Butch and Cassidy were unlikely to go after them again. There would unfortunately be other targets out there, and Bonnie was pretty sure she would cross paths with them again as they sought those targets.

"Beautifly's friends will be okay," Clyde said encouragingly, seeming to understand Bonnie's doubt as she glanced back in the direction they'd come from. "I know she led the fight yesterday, but it was a team effort. They're stronger now than ever because of Beautifly, so they'll be okay."

May nodded, looking Bonnie in the eye. "Clyde's right, Bonnie. Bug types are stronger than they're given credit for. I know if my Beautifly was with a group like that, I wouldn't be worried at all. They're gonna be fine now that they know they can fight that well."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Bonnie said, feeling like a weight was leaving her shoulders. "I just want them to be safe. I hate people like that Team Archaic. They're just like Team Rocket..."