Chapter 11: Treecko the Gardener

Author's Note:

Here we are with the next chapter of Bonnie's journey! This will be the final chapter before Bonnie arrives in Rustboro City, so hopefully everyone's looking forward to that. Hopefully you'll enjoy this one first, though. Just a heads up, this chapter involves the characters from the berry shop episode in AG where Brock got his Lotad. I thought it'd make for an interesting chapter, so...I guess we'll see. Let's get to it!

Oh...and "Heroes of Hoenn" is a must for the battle. You'll know when it should kick in.

Chapter 11: Treecko the Gardener

Bonnie's exhilaration from meeting Latias in the Petalburg Woods lasted for about half the journey through the big, dark forest. While she was still a little nervous about whatever Team Archaic was up to, the meeting with the legendary Pokemon had been such an amazing experience. She had many questions of course, unsure of how Latias had called out to her, and what that vision had been all about. However, she was sure that she would find the answers someday. Latias had seemed confident that they would meet again, and Bonnie had that special flute. Their paths were sure to cross again, and that knowledge was invigorating.

At least, it was for awhile. Eventually, the long journey through the forest became quite exhausting. With Bonnie having saved Latias, more Pokemon had been around, and it hadn't been as quiet and eery as when they'd entered. However, it was quite tiring, and Bonnie and her companions were quite eager to reach the end of the forest by the end of the next day.

So, on the third day in the forest, after leaving their camp early in the morning, Bonnie and her friends burst into cheers once they spotted the light through the trees and their exit up ahead. Bonnie led the way out, she and Dedenne jumping into the bright sun outside the forest. And when Clyde, Treecko and Rotom had finally followed them out, they were already at the small river near the path that was Route 104, splashing water on their face, and embracing the freedom of being outside the forest.

"Finally!" Bonnie shouted as Clyde sat down next to her, sighing in relief. "I thought we were going to be in there forever."

"It was long, but don't forget how much more of your journey is left," Clyde told her, taking a drink of water. "There's a lot more walking through places like that."

Bonnie nodded, knowing full well how much more she'd have to do. What she was most excited about, though, was the fact that now that she was through that forest, Rustboro City wouldn't be too far away, and that meant she'd finally be competing in her first gym battle. "How much further to Rustboro City, Rotom?" she asked her PokeDex, pulling out the PokeNav for him.

"Zzt! I will check!" Rotom told her proudly, a loading screen coming on before a map appeared. "Zzt, I think we should be able to arrive by tomorrow!"

"Yes!" Bonnie cheered upon hearing that, Rotom quickly floating down so she could have her PokeNav back. "I can't wait to have my first gym battle! I've been wanting to be in one forever! Are you excited, Dedenne?" she asked as the Antenna Pokemon hopped up onto her shoulder.

"Nenene!" Dedenne chirped excitedly, holding his little fists up to show he was ready to give it his all in his first true test.

As Bonnie envisioned her first battle, imagining Beautifly and Dedenne taking on the most powerful Pokemon she could think of, she heard a sigh to her left and turned her head. Treecko was staring at the water, looking pretty low-spirited. It was pretty apparent that Bonnie and Clyde weren't the only tired ones from the trek through the forest. She quickly pulled out her container of berries, noticing Clyde find his own empty as he shuffled over next to his Pokemon.