Chapter 2: A Pokemon Trainer

Author's Note:

Hello again, everyone, I'm back with another chapter of Generation Z! This one was fun, so hopefully you think so too. It's time for Bonnie to become a Pokemon trainer!

By the way, chapter 3 will be out a bit later, but it will be out today...unless you're in a different time zone. Within a few hours anyways.

Chapter 2: A Pokemon Trainer

When Bonnie and Serena had finished their shopping that afternoon, Bonnie only buying a couple of things that could help for her journey, while Serena spent a long time getting some things at a clothing store, Grace had picked them up after her errands, and the three of them had set off to Bonnie's house to get ready for her party. The party wasn't starting too early, but Grace had said she'd received a call from Meyer that all the various preparations had been completed and that he and Clemont would have things ready once Bonnie and the others showed up.

Once at the house, Bonnie and Serena quickly put their bags in her room, before Serena disappeared to "get something ready," although Bonnie wasn't fooled. Serena was doing a worse job of hiding the fact she had a present than she'd done of hiding her crush on Ash. Bonnie didn't mind, though, instead just getting ready herself into a simple yellow dress with blue flowers scattered along it. It was an early gift from Meyer that had apparently reminded him of Bonnie and Clemont's mother. It suited her well enough, and Bonnie did remember her mother wearing something like it a few years back, so she was quite happy to wear it.

Once she was ready, having brushed her hair and tied it back in a ponytail, Bonnie turned to Dedenne, who looked at her somewhat fearfully. "Now you need to get ready, Dedenne. We're putting that little bow tie on you and you need to take a little bath!"

"Nenene..." Dedenne muttered, sighing in resignation, obviously deciding not to fight since it was Bonnie's birthday.

"Don't worry, Dedenne. It's just so we both look good so we can show everyone we appreciate the party they're throwing for us. It's your party too," Bonnie told him, picking him up and giving him a little hug.

Of course, getting Dedenne cleaned up was simple enough, considering his size. However, even with his cooperation, the bow tie Bonnie had gotten him wasn't going on very easily. After about ten minutes, though, they finally got it on, and the two of them were finally ready to go, Dedenne scurrying up onto Bonnie's shoulder as she grabbed her bag and new PokeNav.

When they entered the living room, both Serena and Grace were dressed up and ready to go, Serena holding a gift bag which she seemed to be trying to hide behind her pink and and blue dress. Grace also had some macarons and pokepuffs, apparently made by her. According to Serena, they were even better than hers, although after trying a macaron, Bonnie secretly disagreed. She enjoyed it nonetheless, and Dedenne definitely liked his pokepuff as well.

"Well then, ladies," Grace said after a moment, "are you two ready to head over to Prism Tower?"

As Bonnie and Serena voiced their agreement, it finally hit Bonnie how excited she was. It wasn't just that she was going to be seeing a bunch of friends, opening some presents and playing with some Pokemon. In a way, it wasn't even that she would officially become a trainer, receive her PokeDex and truly be ready to set off on her Pokemon journey with Dedenne. It was almost something that couldn't be explained. Now she wasn't just following along on someone else's path. It was her own story now. It was a new generation of stories.

The drive to Prism Tower was a little slow, with the work day wrapping up for many people and the traffic slowing the roads down. Bonnie didn't mind, though, taking the chance to listen to a few more stories from Serena about Hoenn. Every time she mentioned an unfamiliar Pokemon, Bonnie wanted to know more and more about them. It was just so exciting for her to know there were so many more that she could meet in the world that she might never see in the Kalos region, and it sounded like there were a lot in Hoenn. Serena showed a few of the Pokemon to Bonnie on her PokeDex and they were definitely impressive.