Chapter 18: The Missing Titan

Author's Note:

Ah, the Bonnie story. I do enjoy this one. Felt a bit weird writing this one after all the writing for LU recently, though. Hopefully it's not too rusty. Read through the entire thing to get back in the mood. Anyway, last time Bonnie got a Wingull. She's travelling with Roxanne as well, and they, along with Clyde, have been sailing with Briney on the way to Dewford Town. They'll be taking a little break on the way, however...and meeting someone. Also...the Generation Z – Gotta Catch 'em All oneshot series becomes somewhat important for this chapter. You may want to read the first entry in that, titled A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words. It takes place between chapter 16 and this one. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Chapter 18: The Missing Titan

Bonnie could've watched Wingull and Peeko fly for hours. In fact, at this point she probably had. Whenever they were sailing through a calm ocean breeze, with the sun shining and the clouds clear, it was the perfect time for the two Seagull Pokemon to take flight and enjoy the ocean air. Beautifly had joined them on occasion, but, as Bonnie supposed was natural, Wingull and Peeko seemed to enjoy the ocean even more.

"Ah...there's nothing like seeing a Wingull gliding on the sea breeze!" Briney called out gleefully from where he was steering the SS Wingull. "It's a true measure of the mood of the sea, and it looks like the sea is in good spirits today."

"That's a relief," Roxanne said, chuckling uneasily. It appeared she didn't trust the sea, as it had appeared fine before Wingull and Peeko had been carried off by the waves. "Hopefully it stays that way."

Briney shrugged, grinning up at the pair of the Wingull. "We'll be fine as long as we don't go swimming in the rough waters," he said, glancing towards his passengers. "What say we have a break for a little while? I think we're fairly close to Island Cave."

"Isn't Island Cave closed up?" Roxanne asked, looking surprised by the suggestion. "The police were investigating the vandalism that occurred there?"

"Yeah...and I think they were thinking Team Archaic was involved," Clyde murmured nervously. "It might be better we leave them alone to find out what they can."

"The investigation is over now," Briney told them excitedly. "They were finishing up around when we left I believe. As far as I know people can go back and explore if they wish. I figured Bonnie might want to see if she could catch another Pokemon there!"

Bonnie's eyes lit up at that. She was concerned about the potential of interfering with an investigation into Team Archaic, but if it was finished up, she would be happy to see some of the other Hoenn Pokemon that might be around. There were probably some really cool water type Pokemon that stayed at this Island Cave. "If we can visit, I'd love to see it!"

"Zzt! I would very much like to see it as well!" Rotom joined in. "There will be many new Pokemon there that I can analyze and add to my data."

"Nenene!" Dedenne added as well, obviously saying he wanted to see the cave, too.

"Well, if it's fine to go, I'm up for it," Roxanne said, leaning back where she was sitting and watching Wingull and Peeko fly. "Hopefully the Pokemon haven't been scared away."

Clyde voice his agreement to go as well, although Bonnie noticed he seemed nervous. She didn't comment on it, though, as Briney steered the boat towards their next stop. "Ahoy! Then to Island Cave it is!"

As they continued to sail, Bonnie went to join Roxanne and Clyde where they were sitting. She smiled as she sat back to watch Wingull and Peeko a bit more, before turning to Roxanne curiously. "What is it that happened at Island Cave? Did Team Archaic really get involved in that?"