Chapter 1

This was the one moment in her day she treasured, right when she wakes up and everything is still, quiet, where she wasn't the CEO of a furniture empire and she wasn't the sole provider for her family because her father was dead and her two older brothers refused to get a life, where she was just a twenty nine year old girl in her overly large bed waking up to a new day.

But she wasn't and the persistent buzzing of her IPhone on her bedside table was her reminder. Kazia flung her thick duvet that shielded her from the cold of the air conditioner aside and picked up her phone, it was her assistant and she had six missed calls.

"The office better be on fire, flooded and being robbed at the same time and right this very second or else you are fired Mary-Jane." She said as soon as she returned her assistant's call.

"I am so sorry to disturb you ma but this is very important."

Kazia was standing in front of her bathroom mirror about to brush her teeth and start her day but the urgency in her assistant voice made her pause, her phone in her hand and her toothbrush in the other.

"What is it?"

"So I was talking to my friend..."

"At six in the morning?"

"She couldn't sleep, anyway she is the personal assistant to the managing partner at Dike and Associates. She told me she heard her boss on the phone discussing about signing a contract with a company to totally redo the furniture's in the company and since she knows I work for you she thought maybe you would be interested but the catch is her boss is meeting the other company by 9:00am today so if we want this we have to find a way to get there before and somehow not let him know she was the one who told us because she could lose her job and she can't lose her job because she has three children to take care of." Kazia heard her assistant stop to exaggeratedly catch her breath. "That is why I called by 6:00 in the morning because I know this could be a big deal."

"This is a big deal and I appreciate you for telling me but I don't get my business illegally Mary-Jane and you know that."

"I do know Ma but this is big, Dike and Associates is a really big deal."

Kazia lightly tapped her tooth brush on rims of her bathroom sink. Her assistant was right, they would be a big client for her.

"Ok this is what you will do, rescheduled the appointment I had with Mr Festus for some time later today then call David and any intern of your choosing that they are coming out with me this morning, clear?"

"Yes ma."

"That's good and Mary-Jane..."

"Ma?"

"Good job." And then she cut the call and began brushing her teeth. Her phone buzzed several times in just the five minutes she needed to brush her teeth and she knew they were all work emails and probably a few texts from her brothers asking for more money, this was her life and like every other day she picked up her phone and started working.

0 0 0

As her driver pulled into the parking lot of Dike and Associates, Kazia was truly amazed at what she saw. She knew it was big law firm but she didn't know it was this big because it was big! She looked back at her IPad as she continued reading the profile of its managing partner. Raymond Dike was the thirty seven year old managing partner of Dike and Associates. He took over the law firm from his father just five years ago and since then he had grown it into the power house it was today. They were the law firm, law firms, looked up to and had some of the country's biggest companies and organizations as clients. As Kazia finished reading what Wikipedia had to offer she tucked her IPad back into her bag and felt almost intimidated to meet him, almost.