Chapter 24

Four months later

"Babe! I can't believe I'm the woman and I'm ready! I had to get these edges laid, what is holding you up?"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Kazia watched wide-eyed as Raymond emerged from his hotel bathroom looking like a freshly baked Greek sculpture.

"Wow!" They both said simultaneously.

"I'm second guessing taking you to this wedding before you get snatched up by some hungry ladies."

"And I should say the same thing about you. I just might come back a single man if those guys lay their eyes on you." He walked up to her and placed his hands gently on her waist. "You look breathtakingly gorgeous!"

"Thank you but we're late."

"Weddings never start on time."

"I know my best friend and this wedding is starting right on cue."

"Ok Ma'am. Let's go but not without a little kiss."

"You'll ruin my make up." Kazia tried to cover her face with her hands but he quickly held it behind her.

"That's my job."

"Oh really?"

"Really." And he kissed her like it was the very first time. With each kiss Kazia felt him confirming his love for her repeatedly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Now we can go."

It was a short drive from the hotel to the church. Kazia had to give up her role as a chief bride's maid because of time and distance but Irene had been very understanding about it, sometimes Kazia didn't think she deserved a friend like her. Sitting in the pew, watching her say I do to the man she loved more than anything made Kazia well up in tears. She had imagined celebrating this day with Irene but she never imagined she would be sharing it with her own man and somehow finally getting the kind of love Irene always gushed about. It wasn't easy all the time but it was worth it.

Kazia rested her head against Raymond's shoulders and he pulled her close as they watched Irene's husband kiss his bride. The church irrupted in loud cheers and claps, Kazia probably the happiest of them all. This was what Irene always wanted, she had always been the hopeless romantic amongst the two of them but right there and then as Raymond's hand tightened against the small of her back, if Kazia wasn't sure of anything, she sure was hopeless.

() () ()

The wedding was beautiful, although Raymond had been more distracted by his own thoughts and plans. The church service had just ended and they were being directed outside to greet the newlyweds and take pictures. He could barely keep up with Kazia who ran even with her heels on and all but threw herself on her best friend. The two ladies were at the corner rambling away ignorant of the crowd gathering around them. There were intervals of squeals, hugs and inaudible conversations. Irene did look beautiful and so happy which made him smile because he imagined Kazia in that dress saying I do to him and becoming his forever. It wasn't going to be a fantasy for too long he thought as he smiled sheepishly to himself. It was only a matter of time, if the little velvet box in his right pocket had anything to say about it.

He walked up to the two ladies and tried to separate them. "Congrats Irene." He said as he gave her a quick hug.

"Thank you Raymond. I'm glad you came."

"Of course, I'm happy to be here." Turning to Kazia who was now dabbing a few tears drops from her cheeks he said, "Let's leave the newlyweds to say hi to others ok?"

Kazia smiled and placed her hands securely in his as he led her away. "Are you ok?" He asked, catching a tear drop on her cheeks.

"I honestly couldn't be better."

"Right back at you." Some way, somehow, she had become the woman of his dreams, everything he never knew he needed and more. She was his woman and as long as he had anything to do about it, she would be his woman forever.

Yeah! and it's a wrap!

Thank you for reading till the end, I am so grateful. If you think I am not an entirely horrible writer you can check out my other book "Big Boys Cry" and let me know what you think.

For now its goodbye from Kazia and Raymond.

XOXO

IfeomaN
#WattPride