Chapter 3

"If I had known that all I had to do to see you was throw a big party I would have done that a long time ago."

Raymond.

Her stomach did a little somersault and she had to take a second to compose herself before she turned around and faced him. She was suddenly very self-conscious of how she looked, her red evening gown was gorgeous, at least she felt that way when she was looking at her reflection just a few minutes ago but now in front of him she felt like she didn't look good enough but he on the other hand was unmistakeably handsome.

"Mr Raymond, fancy seeing you here." She said in her most composed voice.

"Same here, didn't know you were friends with Alhaji. You know he was my mentor."

"My company did the furniture at his new office and since then we have kept in touch."

"So why haven't you taken my calls." He said and took a couple of steps up the front entrance, totally ignoring the people passing by them. "I called your office more than a few times since we met a week ago and somehow I always seem to miss you. You really should teach your assistant other lies to tell."

"I have been busy actually but I'm pretty sure my associates have attended to you. I can still return the call later if you want me to." Kazia said about to turn and continue her journey inside the beautiful renaissance hotel. She was weak-kneed at the moment but thankfully her long gown concealed her shaking legs.

"I am here and you are here so let's talk."

She looked at him and tried her best to conceal her growing frustration. "What about?"

"Why you really haven't been taking my calls?"

"I told you I have been busy."

"I will just pretend to accept that for now, anyway I was just calling to apologize for the wrong impression I gave you when we first met, I really didn't mean to offend you and I am sorry."

"Its fine, I am used to it so can we go inside now."

He looked at her pensively then nodded. "Of course."

Without giving him a chance to engage her in anymore conversation, she hurried inside, her rear end craving the sweet release of a sit. Raymond was soon by her side walking alongside her as she made her way to the main hall, she knew there was no getting rid of him. Just as they found two vacant sits at the right end of the hall, Kazia turned to him and smiled politely. 'You know I said I accept your apology right?"

"In not so many words."

"But I do accept it so you really don't have to follow me around."

"Oh no I am doing this for me not for you." He said whilst pulling out a sit for her then taking his own. "I don't want to seem like a loner so a beautiful lady by my side will do just that."

Somehow the only word that registered was 'beautiful' but she pretended not to care. "Suit yourself." Kazia played with the end of the table cloth to distract herself because her heart was racing at a million miles an hour, she really couldn't tell why, maybe it was because Raymond looked like her was cut out of a fashion magazine tonight or it was the way he looked at her like he couldn't stop looking at her that made her throat dry up completely, whatever it was she had to get rid of it because she couldn't possibly like him, she didn't know why she couldn't but she couldn't. She considered talking to someone else on their table but they were all engrossed with their significant others. She was about to resort to playing candy crush as the celebration was becoming a bore when she felt Raymond briefly touch her arm.

"So why haven't you come by the office?"

"Why would I?"

"I was thinking maybe to see the excellent job your people are doing at the office. I really love the furniture."