Chapter 23

"What are you doing here? I wasn't expecting to see you."

Raymond didn't know what he was doing here either but he knew he had to make it right. He had found something in Kazia, he had found everything and he sure wasn't going to let her go.

"Hi, I spoke to my mum." He said, taking a step further into the house.

"I'm sorry I just ran off and wasn't answering your calls."

"Ehm...I'll leave you two. Let me check if the real estate agent is still coming." Raymond smiled at Kazia's mum who all but ran awkwardly out of the room.

"It's ok, I understand why. My mum told me everting she said and I'm sorry if it upset you. We are quite.... unconventional. How we met, everything else that happened in between. Its expected even our future wouldn't be that straight forward but I'm willing to figure it out with you if you are, are you?"

"I didn't scare you off?"

"If our first encounter, with you almost cutting my head off didn't scare me off then nothing will."

He wasn't sure if she was crying or laughing, it was something cutely in between. There was for too much between them for too long. He pulled her straight into his arms and held her close. His shirt socked her tears as she heard how fast his heart beat just for her. "I love you."

"What?" He wasn't sure if he had just heard her correctly, he knew his ears were due for some cleaning. "What'd you say?"

"I said I love you and I don't get it, you're freaking annoying but I do, I really do..."

"Come on! I'm supposed to say it first. Don't you watch any movies?"

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"No am not! There's supposed to be a grand romantic gesture, fireworks then I say it and you cry then say it back."

Kazia threw her head back in laughter. "You're an idiot, I don't need a grand romantic gesture."

"Well too bad, because you're going to get one!"

"What?" And that was when Kazia looked behind him, Raymond watched as her eyes widened in amazement and that right there was a new kind of joy. "Oh my God! Raymond!"

() () ()

"How did you even find it?"

"Well, I got Irene's number from your PA so I could find this place then I remembered how much you always spoke of your dad and the bond you two shared so I thought of how I could do something for you to remember him."

"His old car? I never thought I'll see it again? How did you even find it? I thought my brothers sold it?"

"They did but Irene helped me find out who they sold it to and by the time I got off the plane I went to pick it up and buy it back. I just thought you should have something of his. I would do anything to make you happy and I know you don't need me to but I want you to know that I would always do anything to make you happy."

"This is..." Kazia starred speechless at her dad's car, she never thought she would see it again. It brought back so many overwhelming memories of times with her dad. She could barely utter a word.

"Also, Irene told me what was going on with the house and your brothers.... your mum doesn't have to lose her house and I made sure your brothers know not to bother you ever again."

She turned to look at him, his face blurry from all the tears in her eyes. Having someone look out for her and help her was never something she allowed but she secretly craved. It made her vulnerable and feel open but with Raymond she felt safe, it was a feeling words couldn't even describe.

"I don't know what to say but...thank you. You didn't have to."

"I know......but I wanted to." Kazia immediately threw her arms around his neck and he spun her around. She couldn't help the burst of laughter than escaped her lips. Everything, absolutely everything finally made sense.

"and hey.... guess what?"

"Don't tell me it's another grand romantic gesture because this is...."

"I love you too." It felt more than just words but a promise and he sealed that promise with a kiss.

We are almost at the end of the road...

Thanks for going with me on this journey.

XOXO

IfeomaN  

#WattPride