Chapter 13

From the tiny moans that escaped her lips Raymond knew she felt what he felt too so he didn't stop, instead he pulled her even closer and crushed his lips hard against hers. It was a release of everything he felt each time he had had her close in the past and couldn't do anything, each time she smiled at him and each time he looked at her. He had stopped himself in before on several occasions from pulling her to him and kissing her senseless but today he knew he couldn't anymore, he wanted to taste her and she tasted like heaven. Her soft lips moulded into his, she seemed shy at first but then a fire awakened in her just like the one he felt and then she wrapped her arms around his neck bringing them even closer and making the kissing even more intimate. He tightened his right arm around her waist while his left arm went up and down her back in seductive manner that incited another moan from her.

Right there and then he didn't care about anything or anyone else but the woman in his arms, the woman that made every part of him scream. He wanted her, he needed her and he was going to have her but she suddenly pulled away.

"Whats wrong?" He asked not letting go of her.

"This...all of this."

"Why? There's clearly something between us and it feels right."

"But it's not." She struggled to break free of his hold but he didn't budge.

"Is it because of Grace? If she wasn't in the picture would you want to be with me?"

"You shouldn't be with someone like me. You need to be with someone who's homey and would be there to take care of you. I'm not that woman, we'll probably argue a lot because I'll disagree with you on a lot of things and when you tell me to sit that's when I'll probably want to stand. We won't work."

"What are you even saying? If I wanted a trained puppy I'll get a trained puppy but I want you. Do you know what drew me to? Your fire, your spunk and your no-nonsense attitude. It doesn't make me not want to be with you, it makes me want you more."

"You're just saying that, one day you might change your mind. Stay with Grace. She's crazy about you."

"Forget Grace for one second and think about the two of us, think about the past few weeks and how great they have been." He took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. "I want you."

"I'm sorry." This time he didn't offer any resistance as she pulled away from him. "This is me, work, work and work and that not going to change, for anyone, for any man."

"I'm not asking you to."

"But one day you will and I'll resent you for it. Let's just end this, whatever this is."

She walked over to the couch were she sat just moments ago. "When you're done just forward it to be and I'll look it over."

"Wait! Kazia!"

But she was gone and just like that the beautiful moment they just had was gone with her. He was left standing alone in his office trying to make sense of it all but he couldn't. The woman he had fallen head over heels and senselessly for was gone and all he had left was the taste of her lips.

() () ()

Kazia's flight was delayed for an hour so she decide to use that opportunity to browse through the airport bookstore. It had been a while she had time to read so she decided buying a couple of new books would do the trick. She went over to the section that housed her favourite authors and smiled when she found some familiar titles.

She found one she hadn't read before and picked it up, turning it over to read the summary.

"That's a good choice." Kazia thought it was one of the store attendants trying to make a sale but when she turned she realised it wasn't. In front of her was a handsome, impeccably dressed gentleman, he had on a cocky smile and a proud stance. "It's one of my favourites.

Kazia simply responded with a smile and continued browsing with her eyes till she saw another that caught her attention so she picked it up. "Another good choice." He said this time and Kazia for the life of her couldn't tell why he was trying to make conversation with her. On any other day she would have been more receptive but today she was distracted.

She picked up a third book and decided that was about enough for now. "You've got a couple of good ones there."

"Thanks." Kazia responded hoping he would finally go. One of the reasons she had come here was to escape all the chatter outside as she waited for her flight, she wanted to clear her mind. Remembering she hadn't called her mum to tell her about the flight delay, she pulled out her phone and turned her back to the handsome stranger. By the time she was through with her call and turned around he was gone. She gave a sigh of relief and went to check out her books.

"Good morning Ma'am, your books have all been paid for."

"Huh? By who?"

"The man that was just here. He paid for those three books."

"Why?" The cashier seemed lost and Kazia knew she probably didn't have the answer to her question. She wasn't entirely happy, although the gesture was sweet she did not like people paying for her things especially someone she didn't know. She thanked the cashier and walked out of the bookstore all the while wondering what the motive behind his action was.

Not long after she left the bookstore, her flight was announced and they started boarding. She found her way to her seat in the first class section. After placing her bag in the overhead bins she pulled out one of the new books she had just bought and was about to sit when she saw him.

"It's you!"

"Hey!"

It was the handsome stranger that had paid for her books.

"You paid for my books, why?"

"Just felt like it." And there was that cocky smile again.

"I'll have to pay you back."

"No you don't. It was a gift."

"Thanks so much but I have to."

"I insist you don't, it was nothing."

"It wasn't nothing."

"Can you at least sit down? We aren't fight now are we." The stubbornness in her that made her want to do the opposite of what people said made her want to keep standing but she smiled and sat down instead, keeping all the things she was feeling inside her, one of which was anger. "What's your name?"

"Kazia." She said unlocking her phone and opening her mobile banking app. "If you just give me your account number I'll transfer your money before the flight takes off." He gave a proud chesty laugh which only seemed to tick Kazia off the more.

"Hi Kazia, my name is Chisom and it seems it's going to be a pleasure getting to know you."

The case was clearly the opposite for Kazia.